Chapter 5

Arden POV-

When we got back to the house she took me straight to the spare room. As she opened the door the thing that caught my eyes was the shape of the bedroom was unusual, it was sort of semicircular. The walls were a soft grey and the ceiling was blue, the sort of blue that looks like a winter night a couple hours before the darkness engulfs the sky.

Two semicircular windows were placed on the opposite wall, they were large and were accented navy blue curtains, as well as a small window seat, with a couple cushions placed delicately on top.

Brianna stood to the side which gave me the chance to enter the room, as I took a step into the room I noticed the bed was pushed against the right side of the room. It was rather large so it took up around one third of the room, and had beautiful dark wooden posts holding it up.

Against the wall on the left, opposite the bed, was a small bookcase that was void of any objects, seamlessly out of place. As well as a small wardrobe and a set of draws for all clothes that I had in my possession.

Beside the bed, there was a small wooden desk, with a comfy looking chair that rested against it, and a small circular grey carpet placed underneath. It seemed like a cozy room, that would be perfect for any guest that would need stay in the house, not to feminine, not too masculine, just right, I couldn't imagine what the other rooms looked like if this was only the guest one.

"I hope you like it, it's not perfect by any means but it's enough for now," Brianna told me. I responded, "no it's great, thankyou for letting me stay." She smiled at me and left me to put my things away and get settled in.

I walked over to my wardrobe and opened it up, there were already a bunch of coat hanger there so I neatly put my clothes away, making sure to remove any annoying tags and stickers that I found.

After a while I realised there was absolutely nothing for me to do here, I have nothing in my possession, not even paper or pen to draw or something.

I used to like reading a lot so maybe if I ask Brianna for a book she'll have one, but I don't want to ask for too much she's already letting me stay at her house and bought me clothes.

After a minute I decided not to think about it and just go ask her what's the worst that can happen, she says no? So I started making my way downstairs.

"Hey, erm do you have any books I can borrow?" I asked her politely. "Yeah, let me go get one one sec," she said before rushing up to her room.

A minute later she was on her way back down and she handed me a book, our hands brushed against each other slightly, for some reason this made me feel a little weird and it was something I hadn't felt before, it was as if something fluttered slightly inside of me. She also seemed a little taken back by it and took a step backwards distancing herself looking slight confused.

I looked down at the book and it was called 'ragdoll', "I hope your okay with crime books there like all I have, if not we can go get you one tomorrow," she told me finally saying something, but sounding a little awkward.

"No it's okay thanks, imma go start reading this if that's okay," I said and she just said okay. I rushed up to my room to get away from the slightly awkward atmosphere, when I arrived I took my shoes off, and walked over to the window seat. I decided to read the blurb to see if the book was interesting.

'THE NATION IS GRIPPED BY THE INFAMOUS 'RAGDOLL KILLER'

EVERY NEWS BULLETIN AND HEADLINE IS OBSESSED WITH THIS STORY.

a body is discovered with the dismembered parts of six victims stitched together, nicknamed the 'Ragdoll' by the media.

Assigned to the shocking case are Detectives William Fawkes, recently reinstated to the London Met, and his former partner Detective Emily Baxter.