Chapter 4

Arden POV-

Once I had finished eating she immediately took my plate and took it over to the sink to wash, the whole room looked perfect, nothing dirty or out of place, kinda creeps me out but I'm not gonna complain, she's offered me a place to stay which is a lot better than on the streets, but I'm not gonna tell her that.

"Right are you ready to go?" Brianna asked enthusiastically with a clap of her hands. I just nodded my head in response which made her smile falter for a second but in no time it was back as it was before.

As we walked out the door she closed it behind us and I followed her towards the car, passing the obnoxiously pink flamingos sticking out of the ground, which no doubt would attract a lot of attention from the people passing by.

I gripped the cold handle of the door and opened it just enough for me to scoot myself in and slammed it shut getting a warning glare for Brianna, not that I cared. I sat as far away as I could on my seat so close to the door in fact that if the window was open I'd probably be dangling half way out of it.

I have to admit she had a nice car, I could tell it was new from the slight chemically aroma engulfing the car, even though there was air freshener draping from the mirror, it hadn't taken effect yet.

As she turned on the car it made a purring noise, the sign of a good car to me is hearing what it sounds like, and I could tell I was going to like this one. As she set off I had to grip the seat to steady myself, I heard the slight screeching from the tires against the smooth tarmac, and the engine roaring from the way she was currently driving, you'd think for a officers daughter she'd drive more responsibility so she doesn't get caught, but she probably gets special treatment anyway so it's not like it matters to her.

It took about 20 minutes to get the the mall, i didn't know where I was going so all I did was put my hands into my hoodie pocket and follow her like a lost puppy, she was very focused and I could tell she knew the exact place she wanted to go and how to get there, you could tell she had been here quite a few times.

She stopped outside a shop called forever 21, it was full of brightly coloured clothes, that I knew I would never wear but there were a few select things I noticed that were okay. "Okay, just get a couple things for now until your able to get some yourself okay," she told me. I decided to answer her  this time seen as she is being quite generous and I should be thankful.

I picked up one of the baskets at the front of the store and walked towards one of the hoodies a saw almost as soon as we entered the shop. It was a navy Nashville hoodie with grey sleeves, it looked quite comfortable as it would be slightly big for me but that's how I like it. After walking around for a couple minutes I found a flannel that I quite liked the look of, it was black and blue with a checkered pattern on and I feel like it would be easy to match with other clothes, not that I'm actually good at fashion.

"Hey that shirt over there would probably match the flannel you put in the basket quite well if you wanna have a look," Brianna said making me jump slightly not realising she was so close next to me.

I looked towards where she was pointing and saw a grey shirt, it had London and feeling on that I really didn't understand, but overall I didn't mind the look of it a picked one that was relatively my size, atleast I think it was.

We walked by an area that had thongs laid out, she lit up like a Christmas tree when she notices them as if she had an idea and she stopped beside the display. She looked at the variety of torture devices in front of her and went to grab a couple. She lifted them up, turned to me and said "what do you think of these, cute right?" This caused me to visibly gag and also blush slightly at the comment, who would put them self through something like that. My reaction made her hunch over with laughter, I just walked away in embarrassment and disgust.

I decided to go to the area close by with a selection of boy shorts, as these were more my style, I picked out a cheap set that will do me for a while before I'd need any more. Shortly after I'd picked them out Brianna had caught up to me still giggling occasionally after taking glances at me. I noticed she slipped something into the basket but I paid no mind to it as she was paying for it anyway so she could get anything she'd like.

A couple minutes later we came across the bra section, Brianna picked one of the black frilly lacy ones, put it against her chest and started prancing around like an idiot, "come on you would look great in this you should get it," she said teasingly once she heard me groan at her antics. I walked to the other side not only to get away from her but because I noticed a couple of sports bras laid out, I picked the only one I saw in my size and walked away.

I decided I was only going to get one pair of pants, I don't want her paying for too much so 1 pair will be fine. I walked a little more past a couple of isles to get the the pants section and started looking around hopefully finding somehting id like and that would fit me as I'm relatively small.

After about 10 boring minutes of looking I found somehting that cought my attention. It's not me usual style as I've been wearing jeans for as long as I remember but I quite liked the look of them. They were a sandy colour, I looked at the label and realised they were called high rise cargo pants, they had many pockets which I liked the look of and they looked quite baggy but I felt like that was what they were meant to look like so I took a pair off the display.

I looked around and spotted Brianna so I walked over to her quietly not wanting her not notice I was there, I was successful and poked her on the shoulder which made her turn swiftly and looking defensive, when she looked down and realised it was me she lowered her shoulders and looked more calm. I smiled knowing I scared her even if it was only for a moment, but it was a win in my book.

"I'm done, I think I have everything I need," I informed her. She looked in my basket and hummed, I believe in approval at what I'd picked out and started walking away. Not knowing where she was going I followed her as I didn't want to end up lost in the colossal building we were currently in.

After a minute I realised we were heading towards check out, well duh where else would we be going it's not like she'd let me steal the clothes, I thought to myself as going to pay was a slightly unusual feeling to me.

There line was surprisingly short considering the amount of people in the store, within a minute or two we were being seen too.

One by one the woman took the items out of the bracket scanning them and then folding them nearby and placing them gently into the bag. I wasn't really eating attention until I caught sign of something red that I didn't put in there, it must've been the thing Brianna put in the basket, so being the most person I was a waiting to see what she was buying.

Little did I know it would be one of the torture devices she held up earlier, this made me flush with embarrassment and look dont at my feet until I hear the need of the card signalling that the items had been paid for.

Brianna rested her hand on my back and guided me towards the doors with a smug smile on her face, knowing she managed to get another reaction out of me, I didn't particularly like the contact but I didn't say anything. Once we got out of the store and entered the main area of the mall she started walking ahead, again I followed her like a lost puppy not wanting to get lost until we arrived at her car.

"Right okay let's head back and I'll show you too your room and you can put your things away," she said to me as she stated up the engine.

AN-

I just want to apologise again to the few that read this for the slow updates, I've been trying to make the chapters longer to make up for the large breaks, so if you're sticking with the story Thankyou for that, I really appreciate it :)