Chapter 7

Brianna POV-

While I was at my desk I heard a ding from my phone, so I took the chance to look at it while I wasn't too busy, it was a message from Lisa.

Lisa: Hey this is Lisa from the family been Cafe, we just wanted to let you know that we'd be delighted to have you here, we would like you to start tomorrow at 10 am until 3 please.

I was excited to tell her that she had got the job, just so I could see what type of reaction she'd have from the news.

(Later in the day)

"Hey Arden I wanted to let you know I got a message earlier and the cafe said they'd like you to start working Wednesday at 10 am, which is tomorrow, if that's okay with you," I told her while entering the living room. She looked happy with herself when I told her the news which made a smile appear on my face, just knowing something so simple could make her excited was adorable, though I'd never admit it.

Arden POV (the next day)-

Lisa greeted me and then said,"hello, you can go to the back room and to get changed into these, next time your working just arrive in them, then I can tell you the basics." She gave me a shirt and a small apron with a pouch.

I politely responded, "okay thank you." I then went to the back room which she pointed to when talking, so I could changed into the work clothes given to me.

Once I was ready and made sure I looked good I exited out of the back room and walked over to Lisa, who turned to me and smiled.

"Okay I know you said you've worked at a café before but I don't know if you had the same system as us, so I will need to take you through the basics before you can start" she told me politely and I nodded thankful that she was explaining seen as I lied, she then continued talking, "when taking order all you need to do is write it down on the pad, then bring it to the register where you can input it into the system, which is pretty simple all you need to do is click the thing that's been ordered and the amount then it will be but onto the bill, remember to include the table number, after you've clicked done it will go straight to the cook automatically, but you need to tell the barista the drinks and she will make them and call you when they're done." Lisa told me. She then continued," we don't have the biggest menu but this list of the things we sell if someone asks for something else you'll need to tell them we can't do it as we don't do special items only what's on the menu."

Menu-
Iced latte
Caffè mocha
Latte
Tea
Hot chocolate
Iced coffee
Red pepper and tomato soup
sausage roll
Any combination of sandwiches with bacon, sausage and egg in
pork and stuffing sandwich
Portion of chips
Scone with butter, jam and cream
Caramel shortbread
Lemon tart
Flapjack

"Oh yeah I forgot to tell you your lunch break is at 12:30 and you finish at 3 o'clock today, I hope you enjoy your first day," she added on before leaving and going back to her job. I waited for a customer to arrive and it didn't take long until I was constantly taking orders and bringing out people's drinks and food.

"Hi welcome to The Family Bean, what would you like" I said to the customers as politely as I could while being bored from the job already, although I'd only been here a couple of hours and only half of my shift was over.

"hHi please may I have two lattes and a lemon tart and a flapjack please, thank you." She told me politely, I wrote it all down on my pad and responded to them.

"Yes I will go put your order in and it will be ready soon," I told them while leaving the table and walking over to the register. I put the order through on the register and told Harper that I needed 2 lattes.

After a minute or 2 Harper was calling me over because the lattes were done and I took them over to table 7, "here's your lattes your cakes will just be a couple of minutes," I told them politely.

I looked at the clock and noticed it was 12:30 meaning it was time for my lunch break, I ordered a sausage roll and hot chocolate to the closest table and decided to read while I waited for it, so I got my book out and turned to the page I was in and read it until my food food and drink arrived. I know I wouldn't be able to pay for it now but at the end of the week or whenever I get paid I'll just take it off my wage.

I have to admit the sausage rolls here are really nice, probably the best I've had before and I used to eat them quite regularly. Since I had one a couple days ago I've been wanting one ever since. It didn't take long for my stuff to arrive, infact I hadn't even been able to read a chapter in the time I was waiting.

As the cafe was close to shutting I was shattered, I hadn't worked this hard in a while and it probably shows, but I'm still happy I got the job even if it's not the most fun one ever.

"Hey I just wanted to let you know the boss would like to see you in his office when your done here, all you need to do is wipe down all the tables, the cleaning supplies are in the storm cupboard" Lisa told me as she walked towards the exit. I just nodded not knowing what to answer, why would the boss want to see me I wondered to myself.

I finished wiping all the tables and put the cleaning product back from where I got them from, and started walking towards the office in the back. I knocked on the door and heard a faint coke in and I did as I was told.

"Hi it's nice to meet you my name is Mark I'm sure you're wondering why I called you into my office on your first day, so please take a seat and talk," he said politely ushering me to the chair infront of him.

"I just wanted to let you know that we did have one or two complaints that you weren't very polite and sometimes you were a little slow, and I just wanted to tell you next time you work please be more polite and a little quicker or I'd have to let you go, we can't have people complaining about the service," he told me in a serious yet caring voice.

"I'm really sorry I promise I'll do better tomorrow I guess I was just a little nervous for my first day. and getting used to things,"I told him, not minding that I told a white lie to my boss.

"that's completely understandable I just wanted to let you know, so next time you can be a bit better," he told me nicely.

I told him that I understand and I'm sorry for having people complain hoping to speed the conversation along so I could get out of here, which thankfully worked and I was out of there in a minute or two.

AN-

Thank you for close to 350 reads, I really appreciate it :) also sorry for the shorter chapter I've been quite busy, and not as motivated.