A father's and a daughter's bond

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
It was late at night and I still had some work to do. So I was in my office writing down on some papers. It was quiet in my house, after all it was night time and I had put Roe to bed. But soon the peace was interupted by Roe crying out. For the past nights Roe kept having awfull nightmares that would wake her up. Some were so bad that I would find her covered in sweat and tears and her voice would be so hoarse from screaming her little longs out. "Daddy!" Her voice called out filled with fear. I stood up from my chair and made my way to Roe's room. As I neared her room I heard her fussing and whimpering.

(Roe's P.O.V.)
A whimper left my lips again. "Daddy" I screamed after the thunder boomed outside. I quickly pulled my blanket over me for protection. "Papa?" I said out loud. "I'm here, Darling" I heard daddy's voice. I peaked my head out from underneath the blanket to see him walk inside my room.

 I peaked my head out from underneath the blanket to see him walk inside my room

Another boom erupted and I hid underneath the blanket again. I felt the bed sink beside me. The blanket was carefully lifted and dad came into view. "You okay, little one?" He asked me. I whimpered at him and he moved so he could pick me up and place me on his lap.  I grabbed his shirt and put my head on his chest. I felt him start to rub circles on my back to calm me down and he started to hum. I began to calm down. But then another thunderbolt struck outside and my fear came back again.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
Roe let out a loud whimper again and buried her face into my chest again. Thunder always scared her so I decided it was time we tried to overcome this fear. "Lets go and see the thunder" I said and stood up. "No" she squeeled and grabbed tighter onto me. I grabbed Mr Monty for her and handed him to her. She started to shake as I began to walk to the window with her in my arms. I stopped everytime she tensed up and moved again when she relaxed a bit. "Look Roe" I said and pointed towards the window. She turned her head to look out the window. "See the stars?" I asked her. I felt her shake her head. "You dont? Okay so we are going to have to move closer to the window so you can see the stars" I said and took a couple steps forward again. "No, Daddy" she pleaded as the flash of lighting filled the space of the window. "But we want to see the stars, dont we?" I asked my little Roe again. She hesitated but nodded. "Then lets take a look" I said and moved further to the big window.

"Can you see the stars now?" I asked her

"Can you see the stars now?" I asked her. She looked out the window and nodded. "Which one is the smallest?" I asked her. I watched her scan the sky and look for the smallest star. "There" she said and pointed at the smallest one. "Now where is the brightest one?". Again she looked around. She didnt even flinch when lightning flashed again because she was too focused on the task I gave her. I continued to ask her to point out certain stars untill she yawned. As she got tired she put her head on my shoulder as she continued to tiredly point out the stars. "Alright darling. Lets go try and get some sleep again" I told her and moved away from the window. She nodded and yawned again. I laid her down on her bed and saw that her eyes had closed as she drifted of to sleep once again. I pulled the blanket over her and kissed her temple. I watched her move to get comfortable before I walked over to my bed.

Next morning

(Roe's P.O.V.)
I woke up and walked towards daddy's room. I had to stand on my tiptoes to open the door. Succesfully I pushed it open and walked towards his bed. I arrived near hlthe bed and put Mr Monty onto it before climbing onto it myself. "Daddy" I giggled as I crawled over to him "wake up". He groaned and rolled around showing me his back. "Daddy! Wake up" I said nudging him. He groaned tired but turned to look at me. I showed him a thoothy smile and he returned it. "Goodmorning Roe" he said with a low morning voice. "Your voice sounds funny" I giggled and snuggled into his side. He chuckled and shook his head. We remained in the same place for a a long time. Dad eventually leaned over to the night table to grab a book. My favorite book to exact. He always remembers to keep it at his bedside together with some toys for in the morning when I come in. This is so we can read or play for a couple minutes before he has to go to work.

 This is so we can read or play for a couple minutes before he has to go to work

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
While playing Roe hands me multiple times some of the toys to show me. She babbles on telling me all kinds of stories. This goes on for a many minutes as the two of us enjoy each others company in the early morning.

Eventually we got ready for the day. I had planned not to go to work today and spend time with Roe. Just because she had a rough couple of nights. The two of us made our way downstairs to get some breakfast. After succesfully getting Roe to eat the porridge I made for her. That she claimed would absolutely kill her. We decided, well she decided, that we should make cookies. I grabbed the flour from the cabinet and put it down on the table where Roe was sitting on. I grabbed a bowl and some other stuff and when I turned around I saw that Roelynn was covered in flour. "How?" I asked with a sigh. She just cheekily smirked at me and threw some flour up in the air. I shook my head and eventually we got ready to bake the cookies. We succesfully made the cookies, well I did, Roe just stole pieces of the batter everytime she thought I didnt look. I grabbed the baking tray and put it over the rack that was hanging above the fire of the fireplace. "Fuck" I sneered as the fire burned my hand when it unexpectedily went up. "Fuck" I heard Roe say behind me. I looked at her and saw her smirk. "Fuck", "no" I told her off. She pouted her lip at me, knowing full well that that works on me. "Fu-" she began testing me, "Roe no. We dont swear" I told her. "-ck" she finished the word. I hung my head low but eventually chuckled. "Okay fine. But dont say that around Aunt Poll. She'll have my head if she finds out". "Dont say what around me?" Polly's voice said from behind me. Before I could answer her, Roe did that for me "the word fuck" she said giggling knowing full well what she had just done. I looked over at Polly who now had her hands on her hips and stared me down. "Really, Thomas?". Polly shook her head before moving to Roelynn. "Anyway. We are going to take a bath, flour girl" she said picking my child up from the table "while dad gets some work done" she told Roe and wiped some flour from her cheek making her laugh loudly. I watched them go towards the bathroom and I walked to my office to get some work done.

About 30-45 min later Polly walked in with Roe on her hip who was wrapped in a towel. I stood up from my chair and walked over to them and took Roe from Polly. "Look who got cleaned up from the flour" I said as looked over Roelynn.

 "Look who got cleaned up from the flour" I said as looked over Roelynn

Published: 14th of August 2021