Chapter 13: Losing You

A/N. Hey so.... it's been awhile... well here's your update!

Brittany's POV

I'm sitting on the couch watching TV when a new flash appears.

"BREAKING NEWS- there is an unnamed shooter in the University of Colorado Hospital. 3 floors of the hospital have been cleared, 2 more left for the SWAT team to search. So far there are 16 known dead and 22 known injured. Tune in to channel 12 to keep up with this story. Updates will come later."

At this point my heart is beating so fast and tears are welling in my eyes. "Please let Santana be okay." I whisper to myself. I get up and put a sweater on and run outside to my car to make my way to the hospital.

~

I finally arrive. There are news vans, police, and people everywhere. I make my way to the front of the crowd and wait. Hoping that Santana will walk out of those doors with the SWAT team safe and sound.

Sam's POV

I look at Santana, now on the ground with blood quickly pooling around her, and laugh. Finally. The other girl has run off, but I could care less. I did what I came here to do.

"Put the gun down and turn around slowly!" I hear, what I assume to be the police, order me.

I do as I'm told, still happy that I killed the bitch. They quickly come up to cuff me. I see one of them go to her and check her out.

"We've got a pulse." He announces as he puts pressure on the wound.

"No! The bitch was supposed to die!" I yell, filling with rage and trying to get out of their grips.

"Let's go. You can't hurt anyone any more." One of the guys tells me.

Brittany's POV

I see Quinn come out of the building holding a small brunette.

"Quinn!" I yell. When she sees me she runs over. "Quinn, where's Santana?" I ask urgently.

"We don't know. She left us to go help people."

"And you just let her go? With a shooter in the hospital?!" I yell in panic.

"She wouldn't take no for an answer." Quinn. Defended herself.

"She could be-" I immediately stopped talking when I see Santana on a bed being rolled towards an ambulance, covered in blood. "Santana!!!" I scream and push my way through to get to her.

"Oh god!" I hear yell and run after me.

"Excuse me miss, but you can't be here" a paramedic tells me as I get closer.

"She's my wife!" I easily lie through my tears. He nods and motions for me to get in the ambulance with her.

Quinn is staring at me, wide eyed even with tears in them.

"Just go with it." I whisper and she seems to understand because she nods and turns to hold the small brunette again.

We're driving to another hospital while paramedics are trying to stop the bleeding. Suddenly the vehicle stops and the doors open.

"What do we got?" A sassy looking black woman orders

"Santana Lopez, 25 year old female, GSW to the chest" the paramedic that's been working on Santana replies.

"Trauma room two. And book me an OR."

"Right away Dr. Jones." They roll her away, but I am stopped by the newly named Dr. Jones.

"Who are you?"She asks calmly but firmly.

"Brittany. Her wife." I state.

"Okay Brittany, I'm going to need you to wait in the waiting room while we work okay? We'll do everything in our power to make sure your wife is okay."

All I can do is nod and watch as she runs off. I make my way towards the waiting room and sit down. It's gonna be a long night.

~11pm

Quinn arrived with the small brunette, who I learned is named Rachel, about an hour ago. I haven't stopped crying. Santana is in surgery. The doctors said a bunch of things that I didn't understand, so Quinn elaborated for me. Turns out, the bullet is right next to her heart in a really difficult area so they need to take their time.

Quinn and Rachel went to go get coffee but I just wanted to stay here and wait until there is some news.

Someone offers me a tissue and I gratefully accept it, cleaning up my face a little. "Thank you."

"No problem honey." A middle aged woman said kindly. "Who are you waiting on?"

"My wife.." I answer easily.

She smiles a little. "What happened?" She asks genuinely curious.

"She is a surgeon at the hospital that there was a shooting at earlier today. She was hurt."

"I'm sorry to hear that. What's her name?" She smiles a little and I can't help but give a small one in return.

"Santana."

"Beautiful name." She smiles again, but then her eyes widen. "Wait, Santana Lopez?"

"Y-yeah.. how'd you know?" I ask

"She saved so many people today." She says while pulling out her phone. She hands it to me and it has an article on it.

It says that Santana ran through the hospital, locking patient doors and putting at least 20 people that she found in hallways, or unsafe rooms, into locked rooms. The police saw it on the hospital's security cameras, and her identity was given by a few of the people she saved.

"Your wife is a hero." The woman told me.

"Don't I know it." I say fondly, giving the woman her phone back.

"Don't worry..." She trails off.

"Brittany." I offer.

"Kelly, don't worry Brittany. I'm sure Santana will be okay. Ill pray for her."

"It means a lot. Thank you Kelly."

Quinn walks up hand in hand with Rachel. "Britt, I'm gonna bring her home. Call me if anything happens okay?" I nod "will you be okay alone? I can come back."

"No it's okay Quinn. You can go home. I'll call you if something happens."

"If you're sure.."

"I'm sure. Goodnight Quinn."

"Goodnight." I watch Quinn and Rachel walk out, Still hand in hand.

"They're cute together." Kelly comments.

"Yeah.." Kelly and I continue talking for another hour until another doctor comes out.

"Family of Santana Lopez."