Chapter 1: The Doctor

My name is Santana Lopez. I am the best Cardio Thoracic Surgeon in the nation. I work at the University of Colorado Hospital in Denver. It is the best hospital in Colorado and people from all over come here to see me. I'm working my dream job with my 2 best friends, Quinn Fabray, a pediatric surgeon, and Tina Cohen-Chang, the best damn scrub nurse there is. Not ti mention I'm hot as hell. Shouldn't I be happy? I have no idea what's wrong.. Something is missing in my life.

My thoughts were cut off when a guy with a mohawk ran into me, spilling ice water all over my scrub top. I gave him a death glare.

"I-I... I'm so sorr-" he starts but I cut him off

"Save it." I said then walked away.

I was changing my top in the attending's lounge when Quinn walked in. See, attendings are in charge of the residents and interns. The only person in charge of attendings is the Chief. Attendings are surgeons who have their specialty and only work on that unless under certain circumstances. Residents are surgeons who are trying to decide their specialty. And are mostly certain by their fifth and final year. While interns are being taught by residents. They are learning.

"I'm surprised that guy still has all of his body parts." Quinn laughed

"Yeah well. I am not in the mood to rip someone apart right now." I sighed

"You? Not in the mood to release Snix? I'm impressed." She replied

"I just need something to happen. I've been here for 5 hours and I've done 2 surgeries. Two!" I'm bored." I complain and with that both of our pagers go off.

911 in the pit!

"It's a 911. Let's go." Quinn and I start running.

We get down there to see two ambulances.

"Dr. Fabray, 6 year old female, deep lacerations to the arms and abdomen. Obvious head trauma." One of the EMTs told Quinn.

"Ok, guys bring her to trauma bay 2 and get me an OR!" I heard Quinn yelling orders as she ran with the little unconscious girl.

"What happened?" I ordered

"MVC (motor vehicle crash) these were the only two injured." I nodded for the EMT to continue. "Right, Dr. Lopez, 24 year old female, sister of the 6 year old." I look at her being unloaded from the ambulance followed by a man with the biggest mouth I've ever seen. Maybe her husband or brother. She's conscious. "She seems to have had some sort of seizure and caused the crash." The EMT whispered to me.

"Ok let's go. Bring her to trauma bay 3 and set up and emergency C.T." I ordered.

"Get me Dr. Rose." She was the best resident here and seemed to have quite the interest in my field. She's pretty much the only resident I can stand.

They run off and I walk up to the man.

"Excuse me, what us your relationship to the patient?" I ask politely but quickly

"She's my fiance." He says. There's something off about him.

"Okay Mr..." I start

"Evans. Sam Evans." I answers

"Okay Mr. Evans. The nurse us gong to escort you to the waiting room and we'll come update you as soon as we can." I say and walk towards the patient.

She looks so scared. I actually feel bad. "Hi." I start gently. "Can you tell me your name?" I ask her

"B-Brittany. Brittany P-Pierce." She stutters

"Hi Brittany. I'm Dr. Lopez. Can you tell me what happened?" I urge her

"I-I'm not sure.. I was taking my sister Lily out to lunch and then my head started to hurt and I can't remember anything.." she then starts to panic. "Lily! Lily! Where is she?!" she tries to get up.