Chapter 9: Yes or No

A/N Hey guys! So, it's finals week and it's kind of kicking my ass, but it's been a week so here you go!

Santana's POV:

"Will you go on a date with me next Friday?" Brittany asked me and I am completely shocked. She's my patient. She's my patient. She's my patient. I keep telling myself.

"Brittany.. I-" then my pager goes off, and I don't know whether to feel annoyed or relieved.

"Saved by the bell.." Brittany mumbles.

"What does that mean?" I asked, genuinely confused.

She gives me a fake smile. "Don't worry about it. Now, go save some lives."

"Britt.."

"Go!" She tells me playfully.

"Okay. I'll be back later." I give her a small smile and go to the on-call room where I was paged by Quinn.

In the on-call room..

"What Q?"

"I hear Brittany is awake." She says cautiously

"Mhmm.."

"What's going on?"

"I..." I sigh

"Oh my God, what did you do?" Quinn asks irritated

"What makes you think that I did something?" I ask slightly offended. Quinn just raises her eyebrow at me. And I falter under her glare.

"Fine! I may have possibly, probably, maybe.."

"Santana!"

"I kissed her when she woke up!" I admitted in a loud whisper

"Santana Maria Lopez! She is your patient!" Quinn yelled at me. Then she took a deep breath. "Okay.. I want you to be happy Santana. So, if you really want to be with this girl, then please at least wait until shes discharged on Friday."

I nod. "She asked me on a date on Friday." I blurt out.

"What'd you say?"

"I didn't say anything. You paged before I could answer. Even though I didn't even know what I was gonna say any way."

"Say yes."

"What?"

"She won't ve your patient on Friday. So, say yes. You obviously really like this girl San. So, say yes." She smiles at me.

I run up to Quinn and engulf her in a bone-crushing hug. "Thank you Q." I kiss her cheek and walk out.

I head towards Brittany's room to see her asleep. I smile, close the door and head over to the chair beside her bed and sit down. She starts twitching and I think it's kind of cute until she starts mumbling "Lily" in her sleep. She starts thrashing and crying, so I climb into her bed, lay down beside her and hold her, whispering sweet nothings into her ear. She immediately starts to calm down.

I stay next to her, whispering into her ear for hours until my eyes start to feel heavy. Eventually, I give in and close my eyes.

Brittany's POV:

I wake up and I try to move, and then I realize someone is holding me. I look over to see Santana draped over me, dead asleep. I giggle and she immediately opens her eyes.

"Hi there." I whisper and she smiles

"Hey."

"Not that I'm complaining, but may I ask wht you are all over me." She realizes that she was still on me and tries to get up, so I turn to face her and I grip onto her scrub top. And she just smiles.

"When I came back, you were sleeping and then you started to have a nightmare. This was how I got you to calm down. I guess I fell asleep."

"Thank you." I whisper and snuggle into her neck, smelling her sweet vanilla scent.

"Anytime Britt.." she whispers.

I lean back and look into her chocolate brown eyes. "Really, thank you. For everything." I say softly.

We are still looking into each other's eyes when I start to lean in. I stop centimeters away from her face.

"Britt-" she starts.

"No, just kiss me Sant-" I don't get to finish before she crashes her lips into mine for a long passionate kiss. I suck on her bottom lip softly and she tries to stifle a moan. She runs her tongue along my bottom lip in an attempt to deepen the kiss, of course, I let her in immediately. I start to roll on top of her and she laces her arms around my neck while I put my hand on her cheek and my other on her waist where her scrub top has risen so I can feel her soft skin. Then her pager goes off. I groan and she just laughs the cutest laugh.

"Damn cockblock." I mumble. And she laughs some more.

"Yes." She says simply

"Yes?"

"Yes, I'll go on a date with you." She smiles and gets up from the bed and starts heading towards the door.

"Wait, really?" I ask just to confirm. She nods and walks out.

I stare at the door in astonishment. She said yes..

"She said yes!" I practically yell.

A/N next chapter is the date! I know it's kind of short, but I felt bad foe not updating sooner. Love you guys!