Ch. 25: Blooming

Siyeon woke up in Sua's bed. She looked next to her to find Sua cuddled up against her, still asleep. "So, that actually happened... Oh my God! That actually happened! Why did I do that?! We just confessed! Are we going too quickly into things? What's gonna happen now?! Did she like it? Did she regret it?! Are we a thing now?! Is this just a one-night stand! I hope not."

Her chaotic thoughts were interrupted by Sua stirring herself awake. "Good morning." She smiled at Siyeon.

Siyeon's nerves died down as she saw her beautiful smile. It comforted her. "Morning."

Sua pecks her lips onto Siyeon's before getting out of bed and putting on some clothes. "I'll be in the kitchen making us breakfast. See ya out there, gorgeous." She continued to look at Siyeon lovingly before exiting the room.

After Siyeon composed herself after seeing Sua like that, she got ready and started to get dressed. She went into the kitchen where Sua was waiting for her with a plate of bacon and eggs. "Thank you."

"How was it?" Sua asked.

"Well, this bacon is perfectly cooked and- I'm just kidding. Last night was amazing. I'm happy I spent those beautiful moments with you." Siyeon said to her as she played with the jade she had in her pocket. She brought it with her to give her good luck while they talked yesterday.

"Please be free today. I want to spend it all with you."

Siyeon's phone dinged. She looked down at Lily's message. "Unfortunately, I have to go to work. Lily's backed up and she needs my help to manage everything. Afterwards, it's all about you. I promise."

Sua pouted. "Alright, I'll see you soon." They started to kiss each other again before Siyeon headed out the door.

At work, Siyeon was completely distracted by last night. She couldn't really focus on her tasks. Lily noticed her spacing out and went over to her to see if she's alright. "Siyeon, is everything ok?"

Siyeon jumped when she noticed Lily standing close by her. "Ah! Lily, don't sneak up on me like that. We've talked about this. Warn me before you scare me."

"I thought you saw me coming."

"No, I was lost in thought."

"About what?" Siyeon's face turned red at Lily's question.

"Uh, um." Siyeon said and panicked thinking about a response. "Things!"

"Things?... Is it about that curse again?"

"What? No. Let's just say it's positive thoughts."

"Alright..." The vagueness of Siyeon's response made Lily not want to question her more. After all, everyone deserves their privacy. Besides, she figured it out in her head because of Siyeon's awkwardness.

Before they could switch subjects, they heard the bell ring for the door. Lily looked up at the customer who just walked in. "Hey! I didn't expect you to come here! I missed you!"

Confused, Siyeon looked up to see Jiu at the entrance. "Oh, hey!"

"Sup sis. Hey, Siyeon! Why didn't you come back yesterday? We were worried."

Siyeon wanted to keep her new relationship with Sua a secret for now, since she doesn't know where they're at right now with the relationship. Before she could come up with a way to distract them, Lily gasped and said in excitement, "Are you two dating?! Is this the girlfriend you've been texting me about? No wonder Siyeon's been spacing out."

Both the girls responded simultaneously, "No!"

Jiu added, "She's not the one I was talking about. My girlfriend's name is Yoohyeon. Speaking of her, I came by here and wanted to ask you in person to join us for dinner tonight so you can meet her. Siyeon will be there too, mostly because she lives there.

"Oh yeah, you live with them now. I almost forgot. Wouldn't it be awkward for you Siyeon?"

"No, not really. Plus, I won't be home tonight anyways. I have plans." Siyeon tried to make Jiu think she's talking about heist plans so that she doesn't catch on that she's gonna meet with Sua for completely different reasons.

"Oh, gotcha. Well, thanks for letting us know." Jiu changed the subject before Lily can ask her about the so called plans. "So how's business been going?"

"It's been booming lately. Siyeon has been a huge help here with organizing. Without her, things would be a little more chaotic in here. Plus, the fair last year helped a lot. People who came here loved the environment and I got new regulars."

"Cool!" Jiu said. Her phone started to go off. She looked down on it and read the notification. "Sorry to leave so soon, but Yoohyeon needs my help setting up for tonight. She really wants to impress you, but don't tell her I told you that."

"Don't worry sis, I won't. When have I ever failed you?"

Jiu smiled at her twin and said their goodbyes to each other before leaving the store. "Well, I got to leave early today, then. Do you mind if you close?" Lily asked as soon as Jiu left.

"No problem." Luckily that day was one of the shorter ones in the week where they would close earlier. This wouldn't hinder her plans with Sua that much. She just had to text her that she would be there a little later than expected.

As soon as closing time hit, Siyeon rushed back to Sua's apartment to spends some quality time with her. She knocked on the door. She had to be careful not to get too excited yet. After all, she's roommates with Dami and she didn't want to accidentally hug the wrong person. She had a 50/50 chance of having the right person answer the door.

Sua was there to greet her. "Hey, babe! Why are you still standing there for? Come in!"

"Babe?" Siyeon felt a rush of joy at the sound of that pet name.

"What, do you not like it? Do you prefer baby or honey?"

"It's not that. It's just, I don't know where we're at right now. I was just surprised."

"Well, if you're fine with it, we can be girlfriends. I don't want to rush you, though."

"No! That's fine. I would love to be your girlfriend." They both shared a celebratory kiss of their new relationship. "And of course I'm fine with babe, but baby is fine too."

They sat on the couch talking about where to have their next date and watched a movie together with their fingers intertwined with each other and Sua's head on Siyeon shoulders. Siyeon couldn't help but stare at her girlfriend getting so engrossed by the movie. Sua looked up at her feeling that she was looking at her. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

"You're so cute when you really get into a movie. That, and I can't help but stare at my beautiful girlfriend." Siyeon saying that last word made both of their hearts flutter as Sua's head went back to Siyeon's shoulders. Soon they fell asleep in that position. Both with smiles plastered on their faces. In those moments, nothing else mattered. For now, they weren't criminals or planning a heist. They were just two people who had just found a new love for each other that they hope would last for a lifetime.