C H A P T E R 2 6

— • —

Chapter 26: Black Market Part 2

"Why are we in this indecent place?!" Bai Lan exclaimed, distancing himself from the scantily clad women attempting to draw near.

Lan Yang just rolled his eyes. "What's got you so uptight? Relax and enjoy the company of these ladies," he retorted, leisurely enjoying his drink as a group of women gathered around him.

Bai Lan's expression soured. "Remember our purpose. This isn't right, and I want no part in it!" he protested loudly, making to leave the room, only to halt at Lan Yang's taunting question, "Or is it that you prefer men?"

The remark sent Bai Lan seething. He struggled to maintain his composure as Lan Yang continued to goad him, suggesting a visit to the neighboring brothel for male company. That was the last straw. A surge of silver spiritual energy burst forth from Bai Lan's blade. Lan Yang reacted just in time, drawing his sword to parry the attack, though some of the energy still sliced through, nicking his skin.

"Easy there! Remember Master Zhan Baiwon's words about keeping a low profile?" Lan Yang reminded him, fending off Bai Lan's continued assault.

Taking a moment to breathe, Bai Lan sheathed his sword and turned a cold gaze towards the women cowering in fear. "You didn't see anything," he stated flatly.

One woman sobbed quietly, another nodded vigorously, and a third looked close to passing out. Confident they would remain silent, Bai Lan strode towards the door with a mix of composure and annoyance. Lan Yang gave a nonchalant look back at the women before following after Bai Lan.

On the expansive jade stage, Shan Ling swayed her hips and flashed a seductive smile as she danced like a delicate blossom before the audience. She cast a glance at Chen Yi, her expression pleading for praise with a look that said, "Chen Yi jiejie, praise me!" Yet Chen Yi remained composed, seated calmly in the corner with her eyes closed, subtly surveying the area through the surplus spiritual qi she released in secret. Shan Ling, with a pout, redirected her focus to captivate the onlookers, moving with elegance on the stage and emitting her enchantment qi to mesmerize the surrounding crowd.

"Lady! Come with me back to my manor; this brother will take care of you!"

"No, you should come with me! I have mountains of treasure in my palace!"

"Beautiful lady, don't listen to them! They just want to bed you! You should come with me!"

"Tch! Isn't your intention the same as ours?!"

"That's right! How dare you pretend to be clean!"

"What did you say?! I won't just bed her; I'll also marry her after! Isn't my intention pure?!"

"Bastard! You must've dropped your brain somewhere! Go home and fuck some hole in your house!"

"You go and fuck some holes! Your dick is not really that big!"

"Say what?! Have you seen it?! Did you suck dicks before, huh?"

"It's obvious by looking at you! Fat men have dicks smaller than their thumbs! You won't satisfy that beautiful lady!"

"This bastard! You have the guts to disgrace me?!"

"Yeah, so what! My status is higher than yours! Just do some closed-door cultivation to enlarge your dick!"