C H A P T E R 3 8

— • —

Chapter 38:  The Poisonous Butterfly, Part 3

"Huh?"

"...."

Married? What's this guy talking about? I just want to remove my clothes. What—

(๏_๏)

O-Oh...

"N-No! It's not what you think! I'm still wearing my robe from earlier! I just felt comfortable. That's all." Be normal, Liu Xiao! Be normal! Don't think about it! At casual!

Wu Qingge slightly parted his lips and nodded slowly, comprehending Liu Xiao's intentions. "I understand." He then stepped forward, his hands drawing the pastel blue ribbon that embraced Liu Xiao's slender waist. The lengthy summer yellow robe felt its own weight and cascaded down Liu Xiao's form, unveiling the simple light blue robe he donned earlier.

"Phew! Much better!" Liu Xiao exhaled as though he had been holding his breath the entire time. Is this what modern women feel like when they wear a bra after a long time? My sympathies.

Just as Liu Xiao settled into comfort, he sensed a surge of subtle demonic energy from the floor below, indicating a battle was underway. Following the demonic energy waves, Bai Lan burst through the door and halted upon noticing Liu Xiao and Wu Qingge.

"We heard him here!"

"Hurry! Climb up!"

"Kill him!"

"Shit!" Liu Xiao cursed, swiftly pushing Bai Lan under the king-sized bed. "Go! Hide quickly! Lower your killing intent." Once Bai Lan complied, disappearing beneath the bed, Liu Xiao, with a sense of urgency, pushed Wu Qingge onto it, causing him to bounce from the force. Climbing atop him, Liu Xiao whispered an apology: "I'm really sorry."

In his haste, Liu Xiao leaned forward, and his warm lips met Wu Qingge's in a pressing kiss that left him momentarily frozen, taken aback by Liu Xiao's audacious action. Moments later, the door burst open for the second time as three to five demonic cultivators entered, surveying the room. Wu Qingge, grasping the situation, wrapped one hand around Liu Xiao's waist while the other gently cradled his chin, deepening their kiss and eliciting a soft groan from Liu Xiao. Meanwhile, a pair of glowing, blood-red eyes observed the intruders, glaring with intense killing intent.

The five demonic cultivators were overwhelmed by Wu Qingge's intense killing intent, causing them to retreat hastily. Once Liu Xiao sensed the absence of the faint demonic qi throughout the building, he ceased kissing Wu Qingge and exhaled a sigh of relief. "Did they leave?" inquired Liu Xiao. Without responding, Wu Qingge maintained his gaze on Liu Xiao, prompting Liu Xiao to realize the situation and retreat with an awkward chuckle, apologizing. Noticing Wu Qingge's continued silence, Liu Xiao drew back the bedsheet from the lower portion of the king-sized bed to reveal Bai Lan, who was prostrate on the wooden floor.

"It's safe now, Bai Lan. They're gone," assured Liu Xiao.

Bai Lan raised his head, his face etched with a frown and astonishment. Perplexed by Bai Lan's expression, Liu Xiao cocked his head and tugged at Bai Lan's left arm to coax him from his hiding spot. As Bai Lan emerged, his frown deepened while facing Liu Xiao. "What's wrong?" demanded Liu Xiao, a mix of irritation and bewilderment in his voice.

"You..." Bai Lan shifted his intense stare from Wu Qingge back to Liu Xiao, his frown intensifying and his expression souring further. Before Liu Xiao could voice his confusion, he caught sight of his own reflection in the large wall mirror.