Chapter 6 - Uh- What?

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult-  [No- wait! WRONG SCRIPT!] AH- What!? [Uh- back to the story!]
.
.
.
.
.
.
Cross wondered through the halls, the castle was a very big place, you could get lost easily if you weren't careful. Cross knew this since he had gotten lost a few too many times already after not having gotten enough sleep a handful of times. He had been far too concerned about Dream, now as bad as it sounds he was giving up hope, that hope he had been clinging onto for so long was finally dying out. Lord Nightmare would probably find this negativity a good change, if it was still the day he first joined. He remembered how the others reacted to him on his first day of arrive, Horror had tried to devour him a few times, Dust and Killer had tried to kill him for LV but under Nightmare's strict rules Cross survived.

Back to the point, he was currently making his way towards his boss'- uhm.. the king's office. Probably to make him go out and complete a mission as to not 'waste his magic potential'. Which was utter bull crap! Cross could still do all the stuff he could do before! Even if he spent most of his time in his room he still went out to train to keep exercised. He didn't need Nightmare looking over him all the time, as rude and disrespectful as that sounds. Cross made it to the huge double doors that led to the king's office, their towering size and rich dark colour could make anyone shiver when standing by them. Cross knocked on the door, the sound rumbling through the door despite how gentle he was being. "Enter," he heard a voice call from the other side, it was Horror's voice instead of Nightmare's. What was going on? Lord Nightmare didn't need one of them to speak for him, something must be wrong. Was the immortal king somehow ill? He had to know, wait why was he so concerned suddenly?

Cross opened the doors, the doors were heavy and required a fair bit of strength to open, they even made a creaking noise despite being checked and cleaned repeatedly by the maids and butlers that zipped around everywhere. He felt bad for them, many were killed often in this place, due to Dust wanting more LOVE or Horror getting hungry in the middle of the night.

The office was huge, with drawers, so many drawers placed all along the walls, most too high for any monster to reach. Lord Nightmare was lucky to have tentacles that could reach so high to reserve the items above. The office table was placed at the very centre of the room, it's wood was made of a polished dark oak. But that wasn't what Cross was staring at, no, he was staring at the small skeleton sitting in Horror's lap as the huge skeleton sat in the king's office chair. "Horror, who is that? Also why are you in the King's chair?" Cross demanded, his voice strict and strong, similar but not as intimidating at Nightmare's own voiced demands. "Giving demands while in front of your King are we now, Cross?" The small skeleton questioned, narrowing his eyes at the monochrome ex-guard in a smug and disapproving way. Cross was confused before Horror spoke up, "This is Lord Nightmare, he transformed somehow into this, cu- I mean, smaller form," he was about to say 'cute' but the smaller skeleton and elbowed the giant monster in a the rib to stop him, it only felt like a nudge to Horror though.

Cross looked at the small skeleton then at Horror, then at the smaller skeleton again. "...Your majesty?.." he questioned, despite the surging feeling inside of him screaming to not question a king. If this was Lord Nightmare then Cross was most definitely getting punished for his questioning of the King's authority. He braced himself, tensing his body so he was ready to just be grabbed by one of the king's tentacles and flung into the wall. He remembers how painful it was, how the king had broken some of Cross' ribs just by doing that once, and how, deep down, Cross knew that wasn't he king's full strength, Cross didn't remember what he did to deserve that.

"Yes, I am Nightmare.. are you questioning that fact?" The smaller skeleton asked, an amused and chilling smiling creeping onto his face. "N-No! Uh... It's just Uhm.. that you've changed, a lot, physically," Cross retaliated, mentally cussing at himself for stuttering, forcing his body not to shake and just stand strong. Lord Nightmare laughed at this, it was.. an adorable laugh, much similar to Dream's, though it didn't make Cross feel warm, it made him feel cold, like he was going to be severely injured or killed at any moment.

Now that Cross thought about it, this skeleton looked much similar to Dream. That really explained how the two were twin brothers. He could really see the resemblance.

"Cross," Hearing his name snapped the ex-guard out of his thoughts, he looked to Horror as he had said his name. "The king wants you to go out and buy him new clothes, since he's shrunk out of his original clothing," Horror explained, sliding a peace of paper to the end of the desk, which beckoned Cross to take it. So the ex-guard hesitantly approached them, he carefully took the paper to show respect to the small skeleton sitting in Horror's lap. "I've written down the location of my tailor for my clothing, just give them the paper and they'll know what to do," Nightmare explained, his voice seemed so frail when you got close to him. The paper was a well planned out sketch of a new royal robe, there were notes of which colours to put where and the details. The robe looked absolutely gorgeous that Cross couldn't help but imagine a golden yellow one being worn by Dream. The monochrome skeleton looked back to the small skeleton before bowing. "I will get this delivered immediately," he promised before running off, folding the paper to put into his pocket as he rushed through the door and though the halls. Another mission. But one that didn't involve killing.

A skeleton with golden eyes stirred in his sleep.

He was going to wake soon.

But how long?.....

______________________________________________

Hello! That's yet another chapter posted!

Idk what else to say so uh- bye!