Chapter 10 - Falling into insanity

[Heyyy everyone! Sorry I vanished again, I keep forgetting to update-]
TW?: Insanity and slight gore??
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"AHA! I beat you again! Told you I was smart enough to beat your tactics, AGAIN!!"
Swap announced proudly after knocking a rock over with his own rock, talking to his prison mate, and beating his prison friend in a game of checkers using rocks instead of actual pieces.
"...."
"Oh don't feel bad, I'm sure you'll win next time, but this is yet another win for the magnificent and dashing skeleton from UnderSwap!.. me! Sans!"
He stated proudly, crawling over to a bit of the wall with a chart drawn onto it, adding another line to the side that was his. Swap's side had many many lines on it, but his friend's? Bare, not a single line there.

"...Wow, this is just sad to watch,"
A voice spoke from behind him, Swap quickly turned to look at who it was, trying to summon a bone attack but instead got a heavy shock on his leg making his cry out in agony until it stopped, the skeleton watching him grinned in a sadistic entertainment over Swap's pain.
"H-Hello Dust, care... for a round of chess? You could help Meadow win this time,"
He offered through gritted, unclean teeth. Dust looked to 'Meadow' then back at Swap,
"Nah, I'm not gonna get anywhere that thing, it smells, and so do you, anyway, here's your slop,"
Dust said, dropping a steel bowl down and kicking it into the cell carelessly.

Swap immediately went to eat, he was starving, he was so hungry, even this rotting whatever it was looked like a 5 star meal. He may eat with his hands but he still kept his manners, you must always have manners when eating. Dust scoffed and walked off,
"...Freaks..."
Swap licked his hands and looked to 'Meadow',
"Don't listen to him, it's not your fault they don't let you go shower... or feed you... y-you'll be okay though! You never eat you food anyway so.. it's fine?"
He asked, watching his dear friend awaiting their response before he smiled,
"You're welcome, all complements are amazing from the magnificent Sans! Mweheheh!"
.
.
.
.
"Swap's definitely lost himself into madness, won't stop talking to that dead.. whatever that had been like they're alive,"
Dust said as he leaned against his chair at the dining table.
"You're the one to talk...."
Dust glared at Cross with a wide menacing grin.
"What was that, Cowphobe?"
Cross glared at Dust in turn,
"You heard what I said,"
He shot back, standing up to seem intimidating and prepare for battle, Dust got up as well and was ready to leap across the table to get to the ex-royalguard.

"Could you both stop? I don't want to get a new dining table on New Year's Day, that would be extremely unnecessary,"
Nightmare said, glaring at the two as they both shot death glares at one another and sat back down.
"Anyway, Happy New Year's to us, another successful year of keeping the whole multiverse under my mighty control,"
He went on proudly, Killer had to force back a snicker, finding a small king calling themselves might was always something comedic.
"Due to it being a new year, it means it is the year of a new animal, Horror has so kindly decided to catch some for our dinner..."
Nightmare said before announcing,
"It is the year of the Rabbit!"
Right then, Horror walked in with two fancy plates with a roasted rabbit on each, luckily it wasn't rabbit monsters, Nightmare was glad Horror leant his lesson from those earlier years, it was relaxing.

"Ha! Guess that means it'll be my year, as someone being called "Dust BUNNY" by Horror do often,"
Dust announced proudly,
"That isn't how it is and you know that, Dust.... it doesn't mean anything, like how the year or the ox came around and Cross was terrified we'd let cows run around the palace,"
Nightmare said, making Cross look to the side in embarrassment.

"Anyway, what was that yearly report on Swap's well-being,"
Nightmare asked, looking at Dust who hummed.
"Ah well, he's gone insane, as I've said, started using his blood to draw a chart on the wall, talking to a literal corpse the guards and servants haven't take from him, you should smell and see it man, that thing has maggots wiggling all within it and everything!"
He stated, Cross frowned,
"Way to ruin dinner for me, Dust,"
The monochrome guard mumbled, Dust grinned proudly,
"You're welcome!"

Nightmare sighed,
"Well, looks like we'll have to fix that this year..."
He grumbled before raising a glass,
"Happy New Years to all of you and to the kingdom we have built from the blood and pain of our enemies!"
Nightmare announced, standing up, which in turn the others followed,
"To Lord Nightmare, the King of all fears and sorrows and the multiverse,"
They all shouted happily after Nightmare making the king smile.

"And to the new era of small Nightmare!"
Killer said with a grin, getting a plate thrown at his head aggressively by the small king.

__________________________________________________________

Heyyyyy ya'll!!
Sorry about vanishing yet again, I do keep checking in but I keep forgetting to write anything for a new chapter, but here I've successfully done it!
Anyway
Have a great late New Years!!