Ch2 | First Meetings

"Everybody, meet Mal, Mal meet everybody." He smiled then pushed her down to the seat and sat in the one next to her.

As soon as she sat down she was fired with questions.

"Is the name from Maleficent, like the witchy lady?" The blond guy questioned, exaduratedly flapping his arms as wings and pulled the skin on this cheekbones.

Laughing at his odd behaviour she shook her head.

"No, no it's from Malia, I wish though, but no, unfortunately no witchy powers here." She entertained him.

"Dang, could have been a bad ass hottie if you did." You burst out laughing at his out there comments.

"JJ, you'll put her off us in the first minute, relax on the testosterone my guy." The brunette boy turned to you. "You'll learn to ignore him eventually."

"John B you know no one can ignore me, I'm just too good for people to pass up." JJ showed off his muscles and winked at you, causing you to almost choke on your drink from laughter.

"So, where'd you move from? I'm Pope by the way."

"I moved from Oregon. Big change, but at least I've got the constant waves."

"Ooh she's a surfer, very fitting." JJ raised a brow, getting hit in the stomach by Pope.

"Dude I'm just saying, she'll fit right in here."

"So where do you live, the cut or figure 8?" The only female there asked.

"Oh um, I'm in figure 8, dad's a lawyer so..." She drawled off.

"Uh-uh, sorry man but that's instantly red flags. Kook alert." The girl whispered the last parts as to not completely draw attention to her obvious despise to the newbie already.

"Kie give her a chance, look where you are from and now where you are. Seems like a similar situation to me." Pope responded.

"Sorry, I mean heck I don't know you yet, why do I have such prejudice against you being a kook."

"All good, but a kook? What is that?"

"The richest of the rich in this place, think they own everything. Around here you're either a kook or a pogue."

"I'm guessing you're the Pogues?"

Smiling John B placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You're on it."

Realising how long they had been talking for, Mal decided she should head home, getting all of their numbers before she left.

"I should get going, I'll see you round. It was good meeting you all." She grinned.

"Catch you."

"See ya."

"Bye."

"Later."

As she was leaving she felt her phone buzz again.

Dad: hope it was enjoyable and not too boring all alone for you. I'll be there next time.

Mal: Yeah turned out much better than I was expecting, I'll tell you about it all at home :)

~~~

Sitting in bed for the night, Mal heard her phones notifications.

JJ: hey, kegger tomorrow night on the beach, you up for it?

Mal: not sure what that is but sounds fun, I'll be there :)

JJ: sweet we'll pick you up tomorrow at 8, see you then ;)

Mal: okay see you!

Turning off her phone Mal had a big smile on her face from the new people she met and how inclusive they were before even knowing her, especially with the added entertainment from a certain blonde boy who payed just a bit more attention to her.