Ch10 | Confessions and Denial

As soon as they connected lips, the sweet moment was soon broken when they heard the laughs and shouts of the rest of the Pogues running to the end of the pier where they were sat, jumping over into the water beneath them.

"Wanna join." She raised her eyebrow."

"Hell yeah I do." He stood up, taking her hand to help her up.

Quickly stripping her top and shorts, as well as him his shirt, they stood on the edge about to jump in.

"Wait, wait, come here." He quickly gained her attention.

Moving even closer than she previously was, he scooped her into his arms, jumping in together with her.

Giggling as she came up, she never remembered a single time when she had gone swimming at night with her other friends.

After chatting for a small while, they all fell into a comfortable silence.

"So are we just going to ignore what we witnessed back there?" Kie spoke out in the silence whilst they were all quietly bobbing in the water, directing her gaze to JJ and Mal who were swimming next to each other.

"What do you mean." Mal shyly questioned. Hoping that the dark sky hid some of the red on her cheeks.

"I mean all that cutesy kissing I saw happening." Kie raised an eyebrow, not fooled by Mal's avoidance of the question.

"Oh it was nothing." JJ passed it off as nothing, but secretly Mal felt a small pinch in her heart, oblivious to the fact that he had initiated the soon-to-be kiss, not her.

"Yeah, I don't know what you saw." She added, hoping to build on his words.

"Sure thing, lies believed." Kie winked, telling Mal it wasn't over yet.

When they had all felt like they were in the water for hours, they all decided to head back inside, packing into the cosy loungeroom of the chateau.

The warm air was a chance to shed some layers, not needing the extra blankets or clothes.

Falling asleep came quickly to everyone, except Mal.

Tossing and turning, JJ's words played on her mind keeping her awake for what felt like hours, but was only about twenty minutes.

Hearing the soft snores of her friends, she decided to get herself a drink to help her sleep.

Slowly sitting herself back down after placing her cup on the counter, she felt the body next to her roll to her side.

"Can't sleep?" He asked.

"Nah, not really." She admitted.

"What's on your mind?" He whispered, careful not to wake the others.

After making sure she heard at least one snore from all of them, she slowly began.

"You...god I feel like an idiot for thinking this, it's so embarrassing."

"Me?"

"What you said in the water...did you mean it?"

"What, that we're nothing? Of course not. Why else would I make the first move. Listen, I know that Kie wouldn't agree because of the rule, so I did it for our own good, she can't know."

"JJ I'm not going to lie to her, and plus there's no need to anyway." She had a small smile pulling on her lips.

"Why not?"

"She already sensed it. That day that we walked out smiling, she just told me that there might be something between us. She also said that she would support it if it were to ever happen, so we don't need to hide it from her." Her smile grew big when she noticed his also grow.

"Does that put your mind to rest." He softly questioned.

"Yes it does." She smiled.

Giving her a quick kiss on the lips, he pulled her into his chest, both of them falling asleep quickly after.