The Day Mirthulla Left Us

Hello Makkalae,

Welcome to saravspace! (Following?)

I am really happy and excited to share that #LettersToMySon is now available on Wattpad! Do support me like you did to #KadavulSetting Magizhchi! Mikka Magizhchi!

And, as usual, I'd like to thank my constants (you know who...) as well as all the new readers for hoping in and reading the story and of course, to my champions-eyy (you know who...)! Nandrigal 🙏

Without much further ado, let's get into the story!

†****************†

Dear Son,

It has been more than two years since I wrote a letter or scribbled something in my diary. My words had dried up. My pen was not bleeding ink. I could not enjoy poetry though I read poems every night for you. Food became disgusting though I cooked three times a day. I could not sleep at all, even if I forcefully closed my eyes. All I had in my head was the will to protect you against all odds; whatever it takes.

Mirthulla always wanted to secure your future. She had a dozen plans for expanding our business, and I had implemented half of them. Only half of them and had reaped financial benefits out of it. She was such a creative person. Her loss was unimaginable. Had she not gone out that day to buy eggs for us, she would had been alive today. Or had the car driver driven with a bit of road sense that day, she would not be sleeping eternally in her grave. And...

Words fail me, Ashwin. I'm in great pain, my son.

The colour, the model, the make, the number on the plate, and of course the person who drove the car and hit Mirthulla... I remember even the minutest details of all that happened on the ill-fated day.

We were standing at the doorstep, imposing that we needed eggs... without which we won't have lunch. She was upset with us. Still she had no other option other than go to the local store and buy eggs. As soon as she waved a bye and stepped out of our home, a car hit her from behind. She flew, crashed her head on the lamppost and fell down. I ran, screaming her name loudly. You came running behind me. She was bleeding from her ears, nose and mouth as her skull had broken. She whispered your name as I lifted her in my hands to feel her last breath passing out of her body. I cried, cried and cried.

The car came to screeching halt less than 200 feet away, as a tempo traveller came from the side road, blocking the car. Our neighbours ran to the car and to us. Few of them demanded that the car driver should come out. It was a white-coloured Maruti Swift with a single thick black line at the top bisecting the car.

It was numbered 6996.

Everyone thought it was a fancy number, but it was not so to the owner. It was his princess' birth date. He came out of the car as people started breaking the car glass. He was tall and heavy, wearing a white shirt and a dhoti with a strong green-coloured border at the front end. His face was engraved inside my head. He used his power and influence to stop me from filing a FIR and even threatened me that he'd kill you if I dared to file a cast against him. That's when I decided to remain silent.

I must protect you. I must protect you. I must. I kept mum.

I felt a void in our life till Sivaangi came into your life. Her love turned you into a poet, and a passionate human being in less than six months. And I was glad to meet my sweet and charming daughter-in-law. Just when I thought life became more beautiful, I saw the same face again.

The face that took Mirthulla from us.

This time, he was there for you, to stop you from meeting his daughter, Sivaangi. He even hired a gang of five and assaulted you. It pained me like hell. I was furious, but I held my emotions inside for the sake of your love.

***

"Continue..." Ashwin spoke in a harsh tone.

"I'm..."

Ashwin stressed, "I said, continue reading."

***

He took my wife away but has gifted me a daughter-in-law.

He took your mother away but blessed you with an angel.

I was upset, but in a way, I was happy for you. Sivaangi's love for you was beyond everything and I had no rights to deny you that relationship.

I kept silent, once again, but I was happy. I'm sure Sivaangi will colour your life beautifully. She is a God-sent-angel. Stay happy always.

With Love,

Aarav (31-12-2000)

Ashwin, it's been eight years since I wrote this letter. And I'm right. Sivaangi has coloured your life beautifully. She's the best thing that has ever happened to you. Cherish your love and always be happy. Stay blessed. Do well with your course and come back soon.

I am sending this letter along with the other letters (a selected few) I wrote for you. Why am I revealing the truth after a decade? I know that's the question in your head. The first time I saw Ravi with Sivaangi I decided I must confess the truth when you are on your own. It took years but I'm sure you are mature to handle the truth.

I added this note just to tell you always be a good human being. As the quote says, "To err is human, to forgive is divine." I second that.

***

The letter fell down. Sivaangi gasped for breath. She was in tears. Ashwin brought a water bottle from the kitchen and helped her drink. She looked terrified.

"I'm so sorry Ashwin. I'm..." She hugged him tight.

"I wanted to avenge my mother's death for years, but my dad has instilled good ethics in me over the years and your love has made me a good human being. Otherwise I do not know what would have happened to us." Ashwin looked into her eyes and said, "This letter is not going to change anything between us. I love you. I will always love you. We are meant to be together forever and ever.

To be continued 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

†****************†

Makkalae... Unga heart-a thoranthu feedback-a sollunga comment-la.

Kindly recommend my story to at least two of our friends / family and help us reach more people. #PeoplesLove

NOTE: PLEASE READ THE CHAPTER DISCLAIMER IN CASE OF CONFLICTS.

DO READ MY OTHER STORIES WITHOUT FAIL... ESPECIALLY #AshAngi = Ashok + Tangi & Kadavul Setting 1 & 2

With Love,

Mr. Twister @saravspace

Follow On Instagram, Telegram, Twitter & Wattpad