Epilogue

Hello Makkalae,

Welcome to saravspace! (Following?)

I am really happy and excited to share that #LettersToMySon is now available on Wattpad! Do support me like you did to #KadavulSetting Magizhchi! Mikka Magizhchi!

And, as usual, I'd like to thank my constants (you know who...) as well as all the new readers for hoping in and reading the story and of course, to my champions-eyy (you know who...)! Nandrigal 🙏

Without much further ado, let's get into the story!

†****************†

Ashwin and Sivaangi received Aarav at the airport. He hugged Aarav tightly as soon as he came close. Aarav was clad in blue denim jeans and white t-shit. He looked much younger for his age. Sivaangi could not stop herself from complimenting Aarav and welcoming him to the USA. After the pleasantries, Ashwin drove straight to home. Aarav was exhausted due to the long travel and slept in the car.

***

It was a proud moment for Aarav to see his son and to-be daughter-in-law wearing the hats and long coats in the graduation ceremony. Time flew so quickly, he thought. It seemed just like yesterday when he dropped Ashwin in the school. He was there, standing along with Sivaangi, and holding the Masters Degree. Ashwin was very happy and so was Sivaangi. She thanked Ashwin and Aarav in her valedictorian speech. A day well-spent and celebrated.

The weekend got better from there. Sivaangi turned twenty-two. Ashwin arranged a grand surprise party in the garden at the stroke of midnight. Aarav, as usual, sent a text wishing her a hundred long years of happiness. He wanted to join the party, but he was still not comfortable with the weather. Ashwin, Sivaangi and their friends who had gathered for the party were tired by 4 AM, so they left before the first ray of sunrise kissed the sky.

The day became more special with the visit to the Sri Balaji Temple, San Jose. It was a pleasant surprise when Aarav asked Ashwin and Sivaangi if they would be happy to get married right at that moment. Sivaangi was excited while Ashwin got nervous. But they could not refuse Aarav's wish. They got married in a simple ceremony at a good muhurta.

The priest blessed the couple, and Aarav was beside himself with happiness. Sivaangi was having happy tears to take Ashwin's hand in marriage. After all it was the moment she had dreamt of since her adolescence. Ashwin's happiness was beyond control. He could not feel his feet. The photographs of their marriage on social media shocked their friends. Some of them drove to the temple to congratulate the couple. It was one of the best days of their life. The couple partied for a week with their friends.

***

While Aarav sat on the couch, watching one of his all-time favourite movies in the TV, he had a cardiac arrest. He called out to Ashwin thrice. But Ashwin was with Sivaangi in the kitchen preparing for the dinner. He could not hear Aarav because of the high volume, but he sensed something was wrong. Ashwin went to the living room and saw his dad sweating profusely. He walked up to the couch swiftly. Aarav got up and hugged his son for one last time. His last words were, "Always be a good human being. Stay blessed in love. Remember that a happy wife turns a house made of bricks and cement into a happy home."

***

Aarav's corpse was taken back to their homeland where Ashwin performed his last rites amidst tears. He was laid to rest next to Mirthulla's grave in the graveyard. Ashwin could not shake off the grief even after two weeks. He was not ready to go back to the USA, even though he had an offer and he was hesitant to talk to Sivaangi. She read him like a book and so, she proposed the idea. "Home is where we belong. This place is filled with memories, of our love, kisses, and blissful moments. More than anything, this is where your dad brought you up with all his love and might. This is our country. Let's not go back to USA."

And realising how right she was, Ashwin smiled at her, in relief, love and happiness. He was glad he found the perfect woman just like his father had told he would.

†****************†

Makkalae... With this we have come to the end of the story. Unga heart-a thoranthu feedback comment-la sollunga!

Kindly recommend my story to at least two of our friends / family and help us reach more people. #PeoplesLove

NOTE: PLEASE READ THE CHAPTER DISCLAIMER IN CASE OF CONFLICTS.

DO READ MY OTHER STORIES WITHOUT FAIL... ESPECIALLY #AshAngi = Ashok + Tangi & Kadavul Setting 1 & 2

With Love,

Mr. Twister @saravspace

Follow On Instagram, Telegram, Twitter & Wattpad