Chapter 3

Lena

Lena

I have been waiting for Max to text me for four days. How busy was he? I was impatient indeed.

I really wanted for the cover to be done and ready to be uploaded along side my story, but also I wanted to see him again, He was very nice and very pleasant to be around.

And I finally got a text, Friday I'm free.

It was more like a statement, rather than a friendly text. But it would suffice. I was getting nervous even for these small social interactions and that wasn't great, wasn't it?

It was only Monday. Bah! I was getting very impatient indeed. I was quick to reply,

Great. Let's say around 19:00?

Alright

He isn't a great texter, but who was I to judge, I laughed with myself.

Can we meet at Sunset Park on Bridge Street, near the picnic area?

I suggested because it was my favorite park and I knew a few places we could take great pictures at. My phone camera couldn't really provide me with the result I wanted without good lighting anyway,

Sure. I'll see you there

See you there :)

Maybe I didn't need to put that smiley face, he wasn't my friend...

Although, I liked how he didn't shorten the words like people do these days. Cya, btw, brb and so many more.

"Who texted you?" Antony asked mischievously.

"My landlord, rent is due Monday" I lied as I took a sip from my cup of coffee.

"Liar!" he replied as he exhauled a puff of smoke.

I laughed nervously.

"Can we change shifts on Friday?" I asked him.

"Why?" he teased.

"I have a doctor apointment"

"No you don't, what's his name?" he kept instising and I couldn't stop the laughter.

"Doctor Shallik" i kept laughing. I was a bad liar with Antony it seemed.

"Alright, we change shifts but..."

He asked a million questions after these, since having a 'date' with a guy was probably written on my face. I tried to dodge his curiosity and we had a laugh about it.

"You are so secretive, Lena" he added.

I laughed at that comment again, but he was right, I was. Since always.

I had no idea why. Would it be so bad to tell Antony the truth? Probably not. I wasn't doing illegal things. I never even told him about my writting hobby.

"Our break is over. Let's go back to work. Thank you about Friday" I kindly said to him and he winked at me.

So, on Friday I would have one hour and a half to get ready between work and my date with Max. Appointment, not a date! Damn it!

One hour and a half will suffice to get myself ready, honestly even twenty minutes would...

--------

Friday was finnaly here! I did count the days like a soldier.

I drove to my usual gas station after work to use their bathroom. I liked the owners, they never asked me any unconfortable questions and they allowed me to park for the night a couple of times in the past.