(6) - Be Nice to Your Neighbor and Get the Reward!

[A/N: Normal AU for this one. No nen world. Just a modern society like ours these times. But still in the HxH world geographically (though this is not really appealing). Enjoy! And always... feel free to drop your comments]

You and Killua were watching the TV on the sofa peacefully that day after a full 4 hours of video games. Killua lied himself on an almost sitting position and followed by you who positioned yourself between his legs and then also lied back, putting all your weight on Killua's body and your head nuzzled under Killua's chin. He didn't mind though. His arm circled your body as both of you got all four eyes glued on the TV screen.

You stole a glance to the coffee table between your sofa and the TV. There stood a photo. Not too old. It got 5 persons of the past. 5 persons of the 7 years ago. Just when those 5 just graduated high school (well, all 5 of you graduated from the Hunter University anyway) Leorio, Kurapika, Gon, Killua, and you. You felt really lucky to meet them. Especially Killua after the "Oh hey, we love each other!" realization.

You remembered Alluka's acknowledgement as the Zoldyck's family member again. So Killua delivered Alluka home to their gigantic mountain mansion and ensured her safety there. You kinda missed Alluka though. She was such a sweetheart. Well, since Killua's father statement that Killua shouldn't think of Alluka as a family member, there was no way Killua would let his sister to live in that mansion. So he took her to live with you, him, and, Gon in this apartment at York Shin. You really like her. Maybe because you were the only girl in the house.

So, again, Killua was really happy that his super rich family could accept his dearest DID* little sister again. But, after that, another good-bye came. Gon's father, Ging, fulfilled his promise to take Gon with him after Gon finished college. You and Killua knew how much Gon wanted that chance. So instead of not letting go, you and Killua just supported him to go.

After Gon's leave, you were confused of why Killua wouldn't leave you since Gon was not there anymore and his family was getting better. At first, he kept saying that he didn't really like living in the mansion anyway. But then, his true reason came. He confessed. Yes, the confession and realization of "Oh hey, we love each other!" came. Never thought your love for him was never one-sided. And that's how you both ended up living together. Those memories just made you smile.

-

It was almost 3 pm when there was a knock on you and Killua's apartment door. You got up and reached the door. Killua rose up and peeked from the sofa behind you. It was Mrs. Polikka and her sleeping baby daughter, Mayya, your neighbor.

They were really nice to you and Killua and even cooked for you sometimes. You also remembered Mr. Polikka helped you up with heavy things when you were sick and Killua was away. He also invited you and Killua for afternoon tea time with his family sometimes. Not to mention baby Mayya was always a sweetheart. Sure, she couldn't talk and walk just yet, and things that she mastered were only crying, crawling, sitting, and speaking not even 10 letters on alphabet. However, she reminded you of Alluka.

Killua got up and decided to greet them too.

"Ah, good afternoon, [Name]-chan and Killua-kun,"

"Well, good afternoon, Mrs. Polikka. Wanna come inside? Can we help you with something?" you asked politely.

"No need, [Name]-chan. And actually, yes. I really need your help right now,"

"And what would that be?" asked Killua.

"You see, I have an emergency here," she said in a whisper. "My husband got an accident at work and they said he's unconscious right now at the hospital,"

"Oh God, we're..." you lost the words. "Well, he's a nice man."

"I need you to look for my little Mayya while I check for him. And I don't know when will I be back."