Chapter 1

"Amelia wait you're gonna fall."JJ said looking at the girl who was trying to reach the paddle that she dropped in the ocean while paddle boarding.

"Please I know what I am doing." Amelia said on the tip of the board reaching out her hand to take the paddle.

"AHHHHH!"Yelled Amelia as she fell into the water while the board flipped over her.

"No to say I told you so but I told you so."JJ laughed.

"Fuck off."she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Wow now that is some talent."Someone yelled.

Amelia and JJ looked. Rafe Cameron and Topper Thornton of course.

"Don't you have something better to do, like go do coke or something."Amelia said.

"Oh miss Amelia thinks she's better than everyone. So innocent and pure. Her and her little virgin ass can go fuck herself."Rafe hissed.

What the fuck was that for,Amelia thought. Truth is, she lost her virginity to Topper in 10th grade. Both have kept it a secret because it was awfully awkward and they never wanted to talk about it again. It broke their friendship and eventually stopped talking to each other.

"Ok come on now Rafe if you need to let out your anger because your angry at your daddy just come for me instead of her." JJ said.

"Oh yeah well when your daddy beats you, you can come to me too" Rafe scoffed.

JJ looked at Amelia and she gave her a soft look. Sadness was seen in JJ's eyes. His busted lip and his bruised cheeks gave it away. He was still being beaten by his dad.

"Just so you know I fucked Amelia last night. It was not the only night let me tell you that." JJ said winking at Amelia.

Amelia gave him a confused look.

"What the fuck did you say?" Rafe asked.

"I said that I fuck—" JJ was cut off by the engine of Topper's boat making a huge sound has Rafe drove the boat straight into JJ.

"WHAT THE FUCK RAFE!"Amelia yelled.

JJ dove under the water as fast as he could. As he turned his head up, he saw Topper's boat passing just above him. JJ swam back up as soon as he saw the boat leaving.

"Oh my god are you okay?" Amelia cried.

"I'm fine don't worry." He smiled at her.

"Fucking psychopath."Amelia said still shaking after what happened.

"I think we pissed him off a bit."JJ said.

"You think?!" She shouted.

JJ and Amelia left the ocean. Hoping that they wouldn't meet with the kooks again. As they walk up to their stuff on the beach Amelia looked at her phone...
12 missed calls from mom

MOM:
17:00
-WHERE ARE YOU
17:03
-I need to talk to you
17:06
-Can you please just answer
17:10
-Of course you can't give me one second of your time

"I have to go my mom is harassing me."Amelia said.

"See you Ames."JJ hugged her.

"See you."

Amelia walked home. As she entered figure eight she started to think about what JJ said. Did he said that to protect her or was it a message?Amelia had always been unclear about her feelings for JJ. He always flirted with her but nothing more. She finally arrived at her house.

She opened the door.

"Where the hell have you been?" Her mom said sitting down at the table arms crossed.

"None of your business." Amelia replied.

"I don't have time for your fucking attitude Amelia I have some things to tell you." She said.

"Let me guess: stop hanging with the pogues bla bla bullshit." Amelia said.

"Actually your father is coming home tonight and he is expecting you to be there and the neighbors will be too. There will be a dinner and you presence is requested." Her mom said calmly.

Amelia's heartbeat fastened up. She was so scared of her father. He was barely home but when he was, the only thing he was doing was hitting her mother. Since Amelia was young, she heard them fighting all the time. When she came downstairs in the morning, her mom, cup of coffee in her hand, bruises all over her. She said every time:

"Good morning sweetie how did you sleep?"

Amelia couldn't help but feel guilty. There was nothing she could do. Her mother is still in denial. She tried to talk to her but she didn't listen. She always said it was because he had a bad day and was tired. He was supposedly sorry and then left again for business. Every time he leaves, Amelia goes into kind of a depressive state you might say. She doesn't eat, she doesn't leave her house, she only sleeps. It's like all her emotions were turned off as soon as her dad left the house...

"No mom I can't." Amelia said as she started to feel tears coming.

"You can and you will." She replied