Chapter 2

Amelia used to be a kook. Her father is a businessman that's why he is always traveling. Amelia's family never had money problems. They are one of the richest family in outer banks. Their neighbors, the Cameron's, have always been close to the family. Ward is a very good friend to Vincent, Amelia's father.

As she was getting ready, she heard a creaking sound and the door flew open. She instantly took her bedsheets covering herself since she was in her underwear.
As soon as she saw who it was she yelled:

"JESUS RAFE GET OUT."

"Hiya there." He smirked looking at her up and down

"Très jolie." He said smiling

"What the fuck does that even mean but more importantly what are you doing in here?" She asked

"Your mother told me to come and tell you that your father has arrived and that dinner is ready." He replied

"Ever heard of knocking?"Amelia said

"Didn't want to, I was hoping to see something like this." Rafe smirked

"Can you just go and let me change." She demanded

"What no show tonight?"He shrugged

"Get out asshole!" She spat

"Fine your wish is my command love." He said leaving the room.

She sighed in desperation.Amelia then proceeded to close the door. She also forgot to lock it. When the door isn't locked in Amelia's room, it kind of opens back a little. Amelia let the drapes fell off her. She looked at her wardrobe options for tonight and then proceeded to change into a dress. Rafe couldn't help but look into the crack of the door that was left open. He admired her figure. All he did
was stay there and stare at her. Even when she was all dressed up, he continued to stare at her. It was like he was hypnotized. When he saw her finishing up he snapped out of it. Running down the stairs as if nothing happened.

Amelia came downstairs. She made her way to Sarah. Sarah ran to Amelia as soon as she saw her. She hugged her knowing that her father's presence was gonna be difficult. Sarah was the only one who knew about her dad. They have been friends since forever.

"It's gonna be okay, I am here." Sarah said softly.

Amelia took a deep breath and walked to her father.

"Amelia! How are you honey?" He said smiling while pulling in a hug.

"I'm fine." She said barely hugging him back.

"I missed you so much you don't even know how." Vincent said

"Me too dad, me too." Amelia replied holding back her tears.

Rafe watched the scene sitting down at the table. She's so ungrateful, he thought. Her dad gives her attention and she is crying. What a pathetic bitch.

"Dinner is served sir."

"Thank you very much." Vincent replied.

During dinner, the parents talked about business like always and the kids stayed awkwardly silent.

"Could you please sit properly?" Rafe groaned breaking the silence.

"What is your problem?"Amelia asked

"You're so fucking annoying, it's a dinner and I see you and you're practically sleeping on the table" Rafe hissed

"What is wrong with you leave her alone." Sarah said.

"It's fine Sarah." Amelia said softly " I really don't feel like fighting"

"What's wrong you're sad?" Rafe continued "Why don't you go cry about it to your dad? I'm sure he would love to listen to you whine again and again you needy fucking bitch."

Amelia got up fast. She left the dining room, tears falling down her face, heading straight for her bedroom. Her dad was her soft spot, her weakness. As soon as someone talked about her dad, she felt an overwhelming sensation invading her. A mixed of angry and sad feeling. A suffering sensation she felt every time.

"What the fuck Rafe?!"Sarah shouted

"What's going on kids?" Ward asked.

"Just Rafe being a dick." Sarah replied.

Rafe rolled his eyes.

"Rafe could you please be polite. We have been invited to this dinner so if you could just behave yourself for once it would be appreciated."Ward said

"Whatever." Rafe said as he left the dining room.

Rafe went upstairs. Walking past Amelia's room he saw her asleep. Her mascara running down her face, dried tears all over her face. He sat down on her bed.

"I'm sorry." He murmured, stroking her hair softly.

He got up, closed her door and left.