Chapter 3

Amelia woke up feeling like absolute shit. She got off her bed thinking about the events of last night. The awful memories of last night unraveling on after one. Rafe snapping at her wasn't new. He has been doing that for quite some time or at least since she became a pogue.  They weren't friends either before she was a pogue but he wasn't never coming for her and instilling her in all the ways he could.

"Good morning." Her mom said softly.

"Hey." Amelia replied walking down the stairs.

"How are you this morning?" Her mom asked.

"I'm fine, where's dad?" Amelia wondered

"He left this morning, he had a meeting to attend to in Europe."

Amelia felt relieved until that overwhelming sensation hit her. She started to feel dizzy, weak and hot.

"Hey Miss Peterson." Rafe smiled "I just forgot my stuff yesterday so I came to—."

That was all she heard and then black. She fainted

"God Amelia." Rafe ran straight at her catching her.

"That's just her little drama queen act." Her mother said leaving the living room while sipping her cup of coffee going to her bedroom.

"You're just gonna leave me with her." He said with a disgusted face.

"I don't want to deal with this right now." Amelia's mom replied

Rafe took Amelia by her waist. Taking to the couch, he dropped her softly. He then went to get his things upstairs leaving her alone on the couch. As Rafe was ready to leave, he felt the urge to check her temperature. He sat down beside her and put his hand on her forehead. She was burning hot wich made Rafe start to worry. He went upstairs and opened the cabinet. His eyes then started to wander between the drugs. Rafe has been trying to battle his addiction but it was not as easy as he thought. He saw a bottle that interested him. He took it, no hesitation. He then took some Advil's for Amelia and poured her a glass of water.

He put on the table, the glass of water and the Advil's. He then wrote a little note and left.

Amelia finally woke up not much long after Rafe left. She looked at ceiling, the light twitching above her, she turned her head to side and saw a little yellow post it saying:

"Hey, I just wanted to let you know that you fainted and I putted some Advil's beside you. Take it easy for this morning." Signed mom<3

Okay thanks for the info I guess? She didn't remember much just that Rafe came in and then total blackout so she guessed that she fainted it made the most sense. My mom probably wrote it, Amelia thought assuming that her mother cared a little bit.

She took the two Advil's that were on the table. She headed upstairs when she passed her mother's room. She was working.

"Mom I fainted." Amelia said softly

"I know." She replied

"Well I'm okay now."

"Okay." The mom replied ignoring Amelia

Amelia felt the tears coming. Her mother never cared. Not even about the tiniest little things. That's when it hit her, her mom didn't write the note, she couldn't care less about her. But then who did?

Rafe?