The Static TV Dream

I looked at Jeff and Jack in confusion.  Toby? It seems like they know him, but I dont have a clue!

"Hows the boss been doing since he kicked me out?" Jeff asked with a mischievous grin on his face. Jack came to my side and put a hand on my shoulder. He seemed to be grinning as I looked up to him. The chattering between the man with the goggles and Jeff turned into muffled sounds as I just looked at Jack. Remembering from the day we met as just a voice in the park to practically saving me from those bullies. Then there were times when he gave me gifts and there were times when he distant himself.

As Jack turned his head to look at me I quickly turned my attention back to Jeff and Toby.

"H-He needs t-to t-t-talk to you..." the man with the goggles said, twitching and popping his neck as he tried to say it. It looks like he struggled to even talk, but I see that he's also kind of used to it. He didnt show any attention to the twitching or stuttering, not even when popping his neck.

Jeff stopped talking and for a good minute as the air was silent. Would only hear the crickets and the wind blowing. Jeff's taunting gesture became more serious as he put the act aside,"About what?"

Toby turned his head to me and with his hand twitched once, he pointed at me. It gave me a very uneasy feeling. Who sent him anyway? Who is he working for? And why me all of a sudden?

Jeff turned to me and with his unblinking eyes he looked almost concerned. He sighed and turned back to the twitching man. They started talking softer, I couldn't hear what they were talking about. I felt both of Jack's hands on my shoulders, leading me back inside for them to talk in private.

"What are they talking about? Why did he point at me? Did I do something wrong?" I asked, my heart pounding with stress and fear. I didn't know what was going on but the only thing Jack said was,"Dont worry (y/n). You'll be fine"

...

After Jeff and Toby had a chat the rest of the night was quiet. Toby insisted to stay till the end of the night. Although he looked intimidating, he also looked like he gets distracted a lot out of boredom. Jeff was in the kitchen trying to make something while Jack and I just sat in the living room watching TV. It was now almost one in the morning when my eyes felt heavy and I let out a small yawn. Just when I was about to go upstairs I heard a spat and loud laughter. I turned to see Jeff on his knees and holding his stomach from laughing, Jack chuckling on the couch and Toby with cream on his face. His arms dropped and looked down at the waffles that fell to the floor. Jeff must be pleased of his work, but I tried to hold in my giggles and helped clean up.

After cleaning up with just Toby staring at me, trying to help me clean, I went up to my bed and finally hopped in. I face planted on my pillow and I immediately felt drowsy. I turned the lights off and closed the door. I hope they wont make a lot of trouble while I'm sleeping. With me almost falling asleep I remembered the note my parents left and my bullies in the hospital. "Oh no! I have school tomorrow! Now I have to deal with them again."

I whined into the pillow and after that I just felt so tired, that I dont want to do anything but sleep.

...

I've seem to wake up in a dark room. I couldn't make out what exactly was around me but I do notice creaking floor boards whenever I moved around. I looked around for any sign of movements. The atmosphere of this made me uneasy as I slowly walk around with my hands in front of me.

As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I could make up some furniture in the room. It looked like.... an office?

I made my way to, what I could hardly see was a desk and let my hands feel around to find a switch. Without reaching anything, the light flickered and shined a dim light. Well, at least I could see where I am now. The weird thing was, there were no doors or windows. But there was an old TV box on a drawer at the other side of the room, where I was standing by the desk. I looked down on where I rested my hand on the desk, to see some newspapers.

Curiosity took the better of me and I looked through it to see what it's about. Normally I don't read the newspaper but, the cover page showed a missing person report. The news papers were old as I checked out the date it's been published.

1995... 1999.... 2005... 2010....

15

18....

There were all missing reports of lost teenagers and children. The last newspaper was from this year but, the picture of the person was unknown. There was no name of the person either, but it showed a missing report anyway. As I was puzzled by the sight, I heard a buzzing noise from the television. When I turned my gase to it, it flickered and then it turned on by itself, only showing snow and static. I took a step from the desk and the tv static noise became louder. The dim light flickered and the tv as well. My heart was pounding as I tried to comprehend what was happening, till everything turned off...

It left an eary silence, building up my anxiety slowly. I nearly jumped as the tv turned back on. It flashed different pictures and symbols so fast, I couldn't properly see any of them. But all symbols I've repeatedly seen was a circle with an X over it.

I heard whispers getting louder and louder but yet I couldn't make out the words till-

I shot up like a bolt, gasping for air. My heart was pounding as if it was about to jump out of my chest and my head felt a bit dizzy. I frantically looked around and let out a sigh of relief as I realised I was in my room again.

I checked the time and it was 4:22 in the morning. It was a bit early and I could try to sleep again. My breathing ceased as I calmed down, resting my head again on my pillow. I couldn't close my eyes again. Whenever I try to close it, it shot back up again like a spring. Giving up on trying to sleep again, I sat up and walked out of my room to get a glass of water.

I went downstairs, but to my surprise, the house was left clean. But no one was around. Jeff must've gone outside earlier, or didnt even stuck around that long. I still feel like I'm dreaming.

I poured myself a glass of water and washed my face with the water in the sink. I went up stairs to get my pillow and blanket to lie down on the couch. I turned on the TV, because what else could I do for now? I could just fall asleep while watching cartoons with my phone in my hand.

I wonder where everyone has gone to...

___________________________________

Sorry it took so long everyone, I'm currently busy with exams and school, but I finally went on with the next chapter. But I do wonder where everyone went off to in this chapter.

STAY TUNED TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT🍭🍬