The rumour and the nightmare

It's been a while since I saw Jeff, Jack and Toby. When I woke up from that nightmare, I couldn't find them. It's been two weeks. My bullies are already in school again but, they didnt tease me that much. I guess Stephany was just jealous of me, needed me as leverage for her popularity. Of course, once you go out of school your popularity at school is gone.

When I thought the teasing has stopped, something I dread to happen, actually did. When I came to school everyone looked at me differently as I was walking through the hallway. Everyone looked at me with fire in their eyes in anger. It felt as if anyone could try and kill me any second. Why were they looking at me this way? what happened?

When I came to my locker it was vandalized and scratched. Killer, misfit, villain. That was written on my locker. Why do they call me that? Did they get the wrong person?

On my way to admin people that walked passed me, bumped into me on purpose. I was getting anxious, thinking that this all was just a nightmare. Once I stepped in admin everyone went silent and stared at me. Their intimidating gazes were just so overwhelming, that I felt like I want to run as far away as I can.

I sat down on my seat and after a few minutes of silence, they all whispered. One girl sitting next to me passed on a letter.

Is it true? Did you beat Stephany and her friends up as an attempt to murder them?

I looked up to see if someone was looking at me and everyone just whispered. Some looked at me now and then but I can't find the one who wrote me this letter. Why would they think I would try and kill anyone? Across the classroom I saw Stephany, looking at me with a smile and then back at someone she was talking to someone with a frown. As if she's devastated of what happened. She held up a hand to the side of her mouth and talked to while she took a glimpse at me.

Oh no..... SHE is the one spreading rumours around! But why?

.....

The rest of the day people had been pushing me around. It's all like a bad dream. Stephany would order some jocks or cheerleaders to push me, spill drinks on me, trip me or even punch me because supposedly I "tried to kill them". I was called to the principal's office because of this rumour and I guess he was sceptical of this. As I opened the door I saw Stephany on a chair in front of the principal. "Please, take a seat." He said. He told me he didn't have proof if I'm innocent or not. He said what Stephany told him. There wasn't evidence of me being there or that I was trying to kill them. He said that it's ok to tell him and asked me again and again if I did it, but I said no. Stephany was really dramatic. She even faked tears telling him how afraid she was. Of course, she was but that wasn't me. I felt a sort of guilt and fear. What if it's my fault? I felt like it was my fault, because Jack is my friend. Even if I didn't do it. Then I felt anger boiling in me as she goes on and on about something I didn't do. I started to hear whispers in my head that wasnt clear but they got louder and louder. My heart started pounding and my hands were shaking.

"I didn't  do anything Stephany! I was running away from you and your friends, not to get beat up on my way home!" I burst out. I couldn't take her obnoxious voice anymore. The principal and Stephany was taken aback of this.

"You just spread these rumours of me to keep your fame in this damn school! Why even target me in this school now!? Every day it became more and more of a nightmare, being pushed around, called names. I'm so sick of this Stephany!" I yelled feeling tears filling up my eyes. It was quiet for a moment till I heard her snicker.

"Heh, can't you see sir? She tries to lie to y-" Stephany was interrupted.

"That's enough Stephany." The principal said. " If I don't know who's telling the truth, then you're both suspended for the week. If you come back here, I want the one who lied to me to confess, you hear me?"