Chapter Two: Trainer Sakonji Urokodaki

Narrater POV

On some farmland, Tanjiro was talking with a farmer. "Excuse me. Would it be okay if I took that basket, straw, and some bamboo?" He asked.

"Sure, you're welcome to it, but that basket's full of holes." The farmer told him.

"Yes. I'll pay you for it." Tanjiro said.

"No, that's all right. I mean, it's a basket full of holes." The farmer said, pushing the money away.

But Tanjiro was having none of it, "No, I will pay you!" He insisted.

"No, it's all right. You can have the bamboo and straw for free, too." The farmer reassured.

"But I'm still paying you!"

"I said it's okay! You're one stubborn kid!"

Tanjiro didn't listen and just slapped the money into the farmer's hand.

"Agh...!" The farmer grunted.

"Please accept this, although it's just small change!" Tanjiro shouted and ran off with the basket, straw, and bamboo. "Thank you very much!"

"Ouch!!" The farmer grunted.

In a small cave in the mountains, Tanjiro called out for Nezuko.

"Nezuko?"

Nothing.

"Huh? Nezuko? She's gone!" As Tanjiro was looking around the cave, Nezuko poked her head out of a hole in the ground. "She's here." Tanjiro let out a sigh of relief. "Nezuko..."

'She dug a hole?' He thought, 'My little sister has turned into a mole. And she's frowning! She must really want to avoid the sunlight.'

"Wait there for a second.' Tanjiro said, although Nezuko couldn't really go anywhere. Tanjirou cut some bamboo, did some things, and fashioned a covered basket for Nezuko with the basket, straw, and bamboo. "Nezuko? Nezuko. Think you can fit inside this?" Tanjiro asked. "I want to keep moving during the day, too. I'll carry you, okay? Can you fit? In here? Basket."

Nezuko grunted, lifting herself out of the hole, and dived headfirst into the basket, but her entire bottom half didn't fit.

"You kinda protrude, huh?" Tanjiro muttered to himself.

'I can't believe she grew up. Seems like yesterday that she was tiny.' He thought, a rare smile present on his face.

"Huh?" Tanjiro thought of something, "Nezuko. Remember how you became big like an adult earlier? Do you think you can do the opposite? Get smaller? Smaller, Nezuko! Get smaller for me!" Nezuko gave a small grunt, flipped the basket right side up, and dived into it.

"Ahh!" Tanjiro gave a faint shout as Nezuko shrunk, becoming small enough to fit inside the basket.

"Ohh! Good job! That's a good girl, Nezuko! I'm impressed!" Tanjiro praised as Nezuko gave out faint chuckle-like sounds.

A bird squawked as the sun slowly set behind the mountain.

"To get to Mount Sagari, you first have to cross that mountain." A woman said, with her child holding tight to her kimono, "The sun will set soon. And you are carrying a lot of stuff. It's dangerous."

"Don't worry, I'll be careful. Thank you very much." Tanjiro said.

"People really do disappear up there, so don't get lost!" the woman yelled the brother-sister duo began their climb up the mountain.