Chapter Fifteen: Letting Someone Else Go First

Narrater POV

Inosuke could be seen as he stuck his two swords in the ground as a white aura started to spread from him, letting him see everything on the mountain.

"You find them?" Tanjiro asked, cutting another controlled slayer loose.

"Yeah, follow me that way! I'm sensing a strong presence over there!" Inosuke yelled.

"You are? Good job Inosuke!" Tanjiro told him, making white bubbles form around him as a sign of happiness. But his trance was short-lived because another controlled slayer swung his sword at him. "Why you! We can't get anywhere with these guys around!" Inosuke complained.

'Damn it. These stupid spiders just reattach the threads when cut! It's impossible to free them.' Tanjiro thought.

With Zenitsu...

"Hah hah hah!" Zenitsu huffed as he stood against a thick tree. "Damn you Tanjiro! Why did you send me off all alone!? And in such a creepy forest nonetheless!" He shouted, shouting all sorts of curse words.

Back with Tanjiro...

"The hell with this crap! I'm just gonna demolish them all at once!" Inosuke shouted, pointing his two jagged blades at the controlled slayers.

"Stop it! You can't. There has to be a way to prevent the threads from attaching, we can't hurt these people." Tanjiro said as another slayer ran at him, but before he could block it with his sword Murada came and blocked the strike. "Murada?"

"Leave these guys to me and go on ahead Tanjiro!" He shouted.

"Big talk from the guy who pissed his pants!" Inosuke shouted at him.

"I never did anything of the sort you stupid boar!" Murada shouted back, looking very angry.

"I wasn't even talking to you! So butt out! I know that I wasn't very brave back there, but I'm still a demon slayer! I'll find a way to hold them off! I know now that I just have to cut the threads, and their movement is very basic. I'll watch out for the spiders too. There have to be people that are under even greater control that are closer to the demon! You have to help them!"

"I got it! Good luck!" Tanjiro shouted, grabbing Inosuke.

"Hey! Let me go damn it! I'm gonna pound that guy's face in first! Who's he calling a stupid boar!" He protested, struggling to get free.

"Oh shut up! Stop messing around and get out of here!" Murada shouted back as he fended off another slayer.

"I'm gonna make you see stars when I get back! Mock my words!" Inosuke shouted, pumping his arms up as Tanjiro dragged him away.

"Damn it! I can't wait to get back and pummel that guy!" Inosuke shouted, running aside Tanjiro.

"Stop talking like that!" Tanjiro scolded him.

"Didn't you hear him call me a stupid boar Monjiro?!"

"It's Tanjiro!" Tanjiro shouted as he corrected Inosuke again. "Anyway, are we headed the right way?"

"My scenes have never lead me astray." Inosuke said, "Although all these spider webs are getting annoying!"

"It must mean that we are closing in on the demon!" Tanjiro shouted as he held his hand up to avoid being tangled up in the threads.

"Wait, there's another group here," Inosuke said, motioning for Tanjiro to stop.

"Stop! Don't come any closer!" A female slayer shouted, one of her hands was holding a dead slayer's body while the other one was holding her katana that was in a slayer's neck. "You have to go and bring someone who's a higher rank! It's the only way to stop the rest of us from being killed! Help us! I beg you!"