Chapter Seven: Muzan Kibutsuji

Narrater POV

A demon's hand appeared in front of him as he landed, he swung his sword, but it vanished into the darkness. Another emerged from behind him, his hand ready to impale Tanjiro's head. Tanjiro's eyes widened as the hand shot towards his eye, but the box from behind him opened, a leg kicking the demon's head so hard that it turned at least twenty times. The demon grunted as it landed on the ground.

Nezuko grew as she took a step out of her box, her back facing Tanjiro as she stood protectively.

Nezuko growled, as she slowly walked towards the demons, her pace quickening as veins bulged on her forehead. She lunged at the demons. She raised her foot.

The foot swung down, but she gasped as her foot hit nothing but the solid ground.

The one-horned demon chuckled, as it too sank into the ground.

Nezuko lunged at the vanishing black puddle.

"Nezuko!"

She stopped, and turned toward her brother."Hmm?"

"No! Don't chase him! Get back here!" Tanjiro called. "Come to me."

Nezuko slowly ran toward Tanjiro, but a small black puddle appeared in front of her.

"No! Nezuko!"

 The one-horned demon emerged, reaching his hands out to grab the demon girl, but she just front-flipped and landed safely behind the demon.

The demon growled as Nezuko stopped in front of Tanjiro.

'This is what Urokodaki was talking about.' Tanjiro realized, 'Nezuko's a demon now... So she's not a weakling. She doesn't need me to protect her. She can handle herself. So maybe... She can handle this. If she can protect these two, I can focus on my attack.'

Tanjiro took a step forward, but a black puddle formed right under his feet, he jumped away, splashing some of the black mud as Nezuko growled.

Another black puddle appeared next to Nezuko, and the two-horned demon jumped out, aiming his claws and growling at the demon girl. Nezuko ducked, making the demon miss.

"Nezuko!" Tanjiro shouted, backing away as the black mud expanded to his feet. He grunted, before making up his mind. "Nezuko! I'm going underground! Keep them safe for me. Can you do that?"

Nezuko nodded, grunting in affirmation.

Tanjiro smiled, before looking at the black puddle, and taking a step in.

As Tanjiro went under, the two-horned demon laughed at Tanjiro's so-called "foolishness".

As Tanjiro opened his eyes, he could make out that he was in some kind of swamp. The air was thin, but not so thin that he couldn't breathe well. There was barely any light shining in the demon's domain, but he could make out a few details.

'It's a swamp.' He thought, spotting something underneath him. 'What are those?'

As he floated down, he could finally make out what they were. 'It's clothing and stuff that belonged to the people who were taken.' He thought. "So many innocent victims, all murdered. It's unforgivable. Unforgivable!'

The one-horned demon laughed as he watched from a distance. "Getting hard to breath yet?" He asked, "There isn't a whole lot of ar down here in the swamp. Also, the darkness closing in on you only adds to the weight you feel!"

The one-horned demon laughed as the three-horned demon hissed.

"You can't move the way you would aboveground down here. You should've looked before you leaped! You stupid fool!"