Chapter Twelve: Something more important than life

Zenitsu POV

"Tanjiro... Where are you right now?" I muttered, running through the halls of the creepy house. 'I can still hear that creepy sound, I just hope he's safe.' I thought. 'Wait... I've seen that broken water pot earlier, I know I have... then...' "HAVE I BEEN GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES THE WHOLE TIME?" I shouted, starting to panic again.

I peeked inside of a room to see what was inside, there was nothing. I opened the door and went into the dark room.

"Tanjiroooo! Where are you Tanjirooo!? You can come out now!" I yelled to no place in particular.

Then, with the beat of a drum, the room flipped on its side and I was left floating in midair.

"Wait! This room just flipped over?!" I shouted, staring at the empty space below me. "Ahhhhhaaahhhhh!" I shouted as I was falling to the ground, but just before I could hit the ground, the ground opened up and I fell two stories down.

Tanjiro POV

As the room spun around, I fell and tumbled, this broken rib really is getting in my way.

'I can do it! I know that I can! I will always finish what I start! Even if I have a broken rib! I will pull through and keep on fighting!' I thought with my crimson blade in hand.

As the demon struck his drum, two more claw-shaped slashes came flying towards me, thankfully the room flipped and I was able to dodge the attack.

'Show him your true power!' I thought, but at that moment the room flipped upside down, I managed to grab a lamp so I didn't fall. 'Damn it... His blood demon art is truly annoying! I can't win like this!' I thought, still holding on to the lamp.

Suddenly the demon hit its drum again and a claw-shaped attack came flying towards me, I had to let go of the lamp to dodge it, but in turn, I fell through the wall below me, thankfully I grabbed onto the edge of the floor so I didn't fall through.

'Damn it. That was too close for comfort.' I thought.

"Curses! I need to consume some more mariachi soo before it's too late!" The demon in front of me yelled.

I managed to climb back up from the endless hole but the demon just hit his drum again. "Hey! You! What's your name?" I shouted at the demon.

"Eh? It's Kyogai!"

"Kyogai! Listen! I won't give you that child! I won't bend to you! It's futile!" I yelled at the demon in front of me, the demon suddenly seemed angrier than before.

"I will get my hands on that child! And then... reclaim my rightful place among the twelve Kizuki!" The demon yelled, showing his "X" ed out eye holding the kanji of lower six.

'So, a former lower moon, that's why his blood demon art seemed so strong...' I thought as I dodged his attacks.

Narrater POV

The human form of the demon Kyogai could be seen, sitting in a dark room with a man standing before him.

"Don't you see that this is futile?" The man asked, "This is so boring! Everything written on these pages is utterly trite! There's no beauty or vulnerability! Not fantastical or shocking at all! You should forget your dream of being a writer! All you're doing right now is wasting paper and pen ink! It doesn't help that you don't even step outside anymore! No wonder you're such a boring person! And if that's the case then you might as well just stick to your original hobby of playing the drums, not that you can be more than an amateur at that either!" He said and turned away from the human Kyogai, as he walked out of the room he purposely stepped on the paper containing his writing, at that point Kyogai's eyes turned a pure bright red, he pulled a drum growing from his stomach and struck it, dicing the man up into three pieces.