Chap 1 [Prt.1 of The Promise]

Hey yo guys I have 5 chapters written since the last two were so hard to do, but here we are guys the first chapter to the next chapter of (Y/N)'s life. 

How ya'll been I wanna see some familiar and new faces here!!!, come talk with me here-------------------------->

Anyways lets'a go!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Empty. That's what the place was like for a week now, nobody had signed up to the academy yet and it seemed to be getting to Toph slightly. She never said it but it was obvious to (Y/N), the past months with her were nice. Being able to bond with her more and reading (Y/N)'s stories , but as stated before Toph was not too pleased about not finding any recruits.

Luckily she figured out that the space bracelet would be able to detect metalbenders out in public, usually when someone was highly emotional. So today was the first day of going out and trying to find some people. Currently (Y/N) was being pulled out of bed by her Earthbending girlfriend " Toph stop~ I'm tired.", there was a huff heard from the side of the bed and the annoyed voice of Toph said "I know, but please!!". (Y/N) smiled softly and laughed a little, she sat up stretching a little with her legs dangling off the side.

The Earthbender was dressed in her Earth Kingdom outfit with hands on her hips and a big grin resting upon her face, the view alone made (Y/N) feel as if she were still asleep but the memory of being woken up just a couple seconds ago pulled her back. She pushed off the bed and gave the girl a quick peck on the cheek "Okay you head outside while I get ready" "What, it's not like I'm going to see anything". (Y/N) gave her a small bonk on the head as the earthbender laughed and rubbed the sore spot "OW! Okay okay I'm going."

After a couple minutes (Y/N) walked out in her Earth Kingdom style clothes except with more reds than Greens, she noticed Toph's back to her and quickly snuck up behind her. A small laugh stopped her in her tracks and earth shackled her ankles to the ground "How long will it be until you understand you can't sneak up on me". (Y/N) pouted as the earth around her ankles broke off "I'll get you one day, I promise" determination filling her voice and face once more. A laugh came from the Earthbender as the two walked down to the bustling town below.

As the two walked for hours they became more and more hungry, it was lunch and so the two were looking for the usual place they ate. It was a small but popular noodle house and just in the center of town, so the hungry couple dashed towards the place before taking a seat. The table they sat at had them sitting across from each other, so they took the opportunity to talk. It was unfortunate that they haven't found anyone yet and Toph was getting more and more frustrated.

Obviously they ordered their food and began to chow down "Man this place has great Ramen" Toph said with a mouthful of noodles hanging out of her mouth, this caused (Y/N) to giggle at the scene "Yeah, I wonder why we don't come here as often". Toph had just finished her bowl with a satisfied sigh pushing it to the center of the table, a clatter of bowl hitting the floor and a yell pulled both of their attentions to the scene.

A young man on the hefter side stood up covering his mouth with his ramen bowl upside down on the floor with noodles and broth covering the once clean floor, Toph's eyes widened as as felt the metal of her bracelet shiver the tiniest bit. The boy was still stepping back saying "ACK! Doom!. I swallowed a mouthful of doom!", (Y/N) was confused as he rambled on about swallowing doom and thought he just had a bad bowl of ramen.

Her attention swiveled back to Toph. She had rolled her sleeve up and checked out the bracelet that rested comfortably on her bicep, with a chuckle (YN) joked "I know you're strong but you don't have to flex in front of everyone". She was met with silence as she finally took the hint and looked at the Boy once more "Wait you think he is-" "a metal bender". A grin rested upon Toph's face once more giving (Y/N) the signature look.