Chap 7 [Prt.2 of The Rift]

Hey sorry for the delay I'm a bit of a procrastinator so it finally caught up to me so yeah, but I do have a bit of work to do but I should be able to continue but just at a slower rate. This chap was a bit of a difficult one to write but anyways hope you enjoy and sorry for the wait.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silence ripped through the air as (Y/N) was quick to grip onto Toph's hand which was hidden behind her back, it was turning white with how hard she squeezed it. This gesture made it stop but the stress was still high, Satoru not fully understanding asked Lao "Boss man Lao? You told me that you didn't have a family." He stared wide eyed at both of them before his face contorted into a serious, the words from his mouth haunting both girls "That's correct, these girls aren't my daughters".

Toph and (Y/N) could only stand there speechless as the rest of the group called him a liar and how horrible he said that, the hand once gripping her partner's fell to her side in disbelief. The whole world stopped around them, (Y/N) snapped out of it quickly as she held Toph quietly. The girl's head on her shoulder as (Y/N) slowly rubbed her back, no words needed. Toph pushed a bit back from (Y/N) and looked towards Lao as she quietly whimpered "Father..."

He however did not want anything to do with her as he ordered the leader of the rough rhinos, "Guards, escort this confused young lady and her friends out of here. And make sure they never come back." Now Toph ran towards him as (Y/N) was quick to follow "Father!" she yelled as the leader stepped in between them. The scene of Lao slowly walking away burned into their memories. Forever. The gruff voice of the man speaking to Aang pulled both girls back to reality "You heard the man. So you wanna do this the easy way of the hard way?". Aang's students questioned whether they were going to leave, as (Y/N) laughed "Sorry but we aint leaving without us taking some sense into dear old dad." She cracked her knuckles.

They looked to Aang as he just nodded towards them, Toph Stood beside (Y/N) in an Earthbending pose saying towards the leader "We're not leaving until I talk to my DAD!". The guards grinned as the leader spoke out "All right then. The hard way it is." as flames combusted in his hands. Just as they were about to rush in, Aang told the group while keeping eye contact with the leader "We need to get them out of the building and away from the workers!." (Y/N) cracked her back before saying "Yeah yeah we get it, let's rough them up!!" "WAIT (Y-" Sokka yelled as she rushed head first into battle, A flame was shot at her from the leader which she quite easily dodged, before she could get to them a giant rock slide formed in front of her and the gang slid back outside of the factory.

(Y/N) jumped over the barrier and slid down the other side just as the others caught up "Dibs on the leader!!!" "(Y/N) calm down" Aang shouted as she headed straight for him, she traded blows with him back and forth. Dodging. Kicking. Shooting fire. It was total mayhem around them. Until she was Pushed back into the floor and the leader headed for his komodo rhino, she got up and retreated a little to think of a plan but luckily Sokka and Katara had handled it.

She walked to Aang talking to his students about the ceremony still in front of Toph, her face contorted into one of disgust and confusion. Here Toph is her father basically rejecting her being his daughter and their talking about something they know she doesn't like. A small sigh came from her as she bumped Toph a little, mumbling "I know what you're thinking, come on let's go." A small nod from her. Just before they were about to leave on an earth trail, Aang, all happy, looked at them and said "Hey Toph!, (Y/N)! You're welcome to join us at the ceremony". Of course Toph being in a bit of a mood responds with "Join you guys in a fuddy-duddy ritual, so I can eat the most tasteless food in the history of food?. I can think of about a million things I'd rather do." And with that, they left.