Chap 4 [Prt.1 Eyes of the serpent]

Hay there, I'm just chilling here and I'm actually REALLY BORED!!!

So I need entertainment, please just anything

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A gentle breeze brushed through the room, as (Y/N)'s ink brush glided against the paper, the words rushing through her head. Her story inspired by the 100 year war was about a fictional war and if the 'bad guys' had won, what would happen. Toph had been gettin into it recently and constantly was bugging (Y/N) about it.

Besides that, a couple weeks back since the small war between the earth kingdom and fire nation over Yu Dao, the students had shown off their skills. Now EVERYONE and their mother wants to become a metalbender, they even had the Yu Dao police chief come and visit them about it. So currently the entire place was in mehem, with people signing up and Toph taking classes. So when the Gaang came to visit and told them Zuko sent them a message to come to the fire nation, but due to everything they declined.

A lot had happened between then and now, like with Zuko and Aang coming up with the idea of making Yu Dao the Capital of the world and a place where everyone from any nation could live. Like some kind of idealistic place. The plans were so crazy (Y/N) and Toph decided to skip out on the council meetings and focus on their own things.

But because of all this Toph couldn't keep her word to help her find out what the symbol ment, it wasn't her fault at all but it just bugged her. That's why they came to a compromise, once the three original students were able to teach classes for themselves they could set off to go find information. But for now (Y/N) was stuck.

The sound of the door sliding open pulled (Y/N) to turn around to see Toph with a grinning face , she happily marched over to the desk with (Y/N)'s once focused frown pulled up into a smile "You seem happy, did class go well?" Toph pulled up an extra chair and sat on it next to (Y/N) saying "Well I think those Lily Livers are finally able to train a class while I'm gone." This was great!. (Y/N) placed the brush down and pulled Toph into a tight hug "Finally!!! Yessssss"

[Cactus juice are the drugs of the atla universe]

The Earthbender rolled her eyes and pushed the firebender off "all right all right, just calm down. It's like you're on Cactus Juice again" The firebender to excited to care about the comment jumped up onto the bed "Who knew that having that many students would be so busy" (Y/N) commented as she just looked up at the ceiling "Yeah I know" The Earthbender replied while sitting down next to the girl.

The wait was over. Finally she could figure out why this has been haunting her, it had to be something about that man she saw that day. His face flashed in her mind, the cold dark stare as his twisted black beard flowed with the wind, it sent chills down her back.

-Timeskip-

The arduous journey had begun since they hadn't had Appa to pick them up and drop them off at the Fire nation, so they had to trek all the way towards a small dock at the edge of the earth kingdom where they could find a boat to take them to their destination. As the two trekked through the dense forest they had much time to talk about the many students they had just gained and how bad some were. Because they could.

A brisk laugh bounced off through the trees as Toph held her stomach, eyes squeezed tightly together "I know right!? It's almost like they just found out that metal exists. 'I never knew metal could fly WOOOOOOOW~' " She mocked one of her students. The firebender joined in on the laughs as she wiped a small tear from her eye "Yeah, it's kinda surprising honestly". And then all went silent.

The sound of footsteps fill both their ears along with the various woodland creatures sounds and brisk wind sweeping through the forest. The rustle of leaves from that breeze crossing their paths, all was peaceful until Toph stopped in place and got into an Earthbending stance "Tiny? Do you feel something?". Her hardened glare towards the earth beneath her bare feet was more than enough for an answer, but answered anyways "Not just something, a couple someones."