Chap 9 [Prt.1 Toph beifong's metalbending academy]

Hello yes it is me, I am still alive.

Sorry for the unannounced hiatus but I'm baaaaacccckk, and ready than every to write the stories I have for you guys. So sit back relax and see you guys later.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a while since the future industries incident, the academy had become very popular with many upgrades so everyone didn't have to sleep on the floor like when it started out at first. Currently Toph was out teaching classes and everyone had been getting a lot better than they first were, (Y/N) was walking around the grounds greeting her properly like a teacher, but (Y/N) laughing it off telling them just to call her by her name, however there had been a dilemma. Toph was not happy, everything was going great at the academy but being the adventure bug she was and how she loved teaching people, she hated how everything had become repetitive. The only thing she looked forward to was alone time with her which was a little saddening.

(Y/N) walked over to the class currently being taught as she saw the students masterfully bending the metal coins in their hands, Toph's smile while watching through the vibrations, upon her dirt pillar turned into a sigh. Her eyes turned a bit lifeless until she sensed (Y/N) "HotHead? What are you doing here, though you were writing your story?" She walked up to her girlfriend and held her hands, (Y/N) chuckled and ruffled the girls hair "I just wanted a break who knew writing a finale was so difficult, besides I saw you pull that sad face again". Toph groaned and pulled away crossing her arms "You know exactly why! And i do NOT pull a face", (Y/N) snickered before pulling her cheek "yes you do Tiny".

A blush crossed her face as she pushed (Y/N) away, a student then approached them saying "excuse me Sifu Toph!, (y/N)! Sokka and Suki are at the academy entrance!" (Y/N) smiled giddily as Toph sighed "about time those two showed up". The two had promised to visit sometime in the future and so (Y/N) was excited to see two of her favourite people. (Y/N) practically grabbed and dragged Toph by the hand towards the entrance, saying as she spotted the two "Socks!, Suki! It's great to see you two again!" "Hello (Y/N), Hi Toph" Suki said happily waving at them, Toph smiled slightly getting out of (Y/N)'s death grip as she sped off towards Suki and Sokka "Finally took you two long enough!". (Y/N) engulfed Sokkand and Suki in a hug with a giant smile.

Pulling back to Toph's side Toph finally caught up as Sokka chuckled a little, Toph motioned them to follow her as Suki complimented how great the academy looked, Sokka followed "wasn't this all broken-down rock tents just a few months ago? You two have really upgraded this place". Toph's face she pulled came back and she brushed them off "Yeah, Yeah everything is very fancy now", (Y/N) coughed and said "Yeah with Earthen Fire industries sponsoring the academy, we could afford new facilities to be built. Took a bit of physical labour but it was worth it" As she jokingly flexed her biceps to the two. The both laughed as Toph continued on from her "The money coming in also means we can offer metalbending training for free, and now my students don't have to sleep on the ground." She explained as (Y/N) sighed a little, her attitude from earlier still there.

Sokka of course had a remark about remembering sleeping on the ground during their travels and how his back still hasn't recovered from it." (Y/N) chuckled and said "You really sound like an old man Socks" he gasped all offended as the tour continued. Suki then said directly to Toph "You've accomplished so much here, Toph!. It's truly amazing!". Her strides began to stop as she sighed saying "Yeah It's....pretty great". (Y/N) looked sympathetically to her grasping her tiny hand into her larger one, the couple behind them looked suspiciously as Sokka said as nicely as he could "So is there a reason why Toph's acting like things are not fine? anything we should know". (Y/N)'s face scrunched together as she knew what was coming next "It's nothing! everythings great! The academys great, the students are great, everythings just peachy!" (Y/N) took a deep breath before saying "Well there has been one thing bothering her..."