Chapter 4

James and I followed Vox to Valentino's room. When we got there my fight or flight kicked in and I so badly wanted to run. I took a step backwards, just as Vox opened the door revealing Valentino in all his glory. My breath hitched, James looked at me and took note that I had moved away from him. I couldn't do this, it was bad enough that I had to perform here, let alone talk to him. 

"Are you just going to stand there or are you going to come in?" Vox asked, James grabbed my hand and had to drag me in. 

I looked around the room but didn't dare lay my eyes on Val. However, his eyes were on me the whole time. 

"So what do you want to talk to us about?" James asks, Val snapped his eyes a way from me and smiled.

"I want her to perform here weekly, or whenever one of my performers is being stubborn" Val says, taking  a drag from his cigarette and puffed it out.

I scrunched my nose up in disgust. No way in hell would I do that. I don't care what he does, I am not performing here each week or when his performers were being lazy. 

"Give us two days and I'll get back to you" James says, making Val chuckle. 

I knew that laugh all to well. He wants an answer now. Not in two days. Now. I would rather go to heaven. 

" Il veut une réponse maintenant James, c'est juste comme ça qu'il travaille" I mutter to James, who looked at me in shock. 

You see James and I always communicate in French when we don't want someone to understand what we say. James just happens to be from France, and my father was French while my mother was Spanish. So I am fluent in both of those as well as Italian.

"Est-ce que vous plaisantez?" James asked, I shook my head and he sighed.

Vox and Val gave us a confused look. James turned away from me and looked towards to Val. James threw a fake smile onto his face, and cleared his throat a little.

"Well, it will only work if it does not collide with another gig she has" James says. 

Val nodded his head, and looked deep in thought. Then his grin returned. What was he planning?

"Well that's fine we just have to hope it doesn't clash" Val says, grinning at me.

I felt like I was going to be sick. He really wanted me to mess up didn't he? I glared at him not letting him know that he was getting to me.

"Until then, au revior" James says, guiding me out. I felt like I could finally breath again.

The whole ride back to the hotel was silent. I didn't want to talk to James, he knew I didn't want to do this. As soon as we pulled up to the hotel, I got out of the limo and went inside heading straight to the bar. James followed me, and sat beside me. I knew he felt guilty, but he should have just told Val no. Angel's going to be beyond mad when he finds out. 

"Oh! You're back!" Charlie said,  walking down.

I purposefully banged my head on the bar's counter top. I didn't care that the other's were with her. I just wanted this nightmare to be over. I couldn't be in the same room as Val. I just couldn't.

"Where was your performance?" Charlie asked, I banged my head on the table again.

James's presence left my side, and I heard whispering. I didn't pay attention to that. I didn't care what he was telling them, or her. Don't know who he's talking to and I don't really care. I got up and this seemed to catch their attention. I walked past them and up the stairs, I heard footsteps behind me. When I got to my room I opened the door, and flopped on my bed. 

"Ya okay toots? I heard what James got ya into" Angel said, I turned and looked at him. 

"Do I seem fine my darling Angel?" I ask, to which Angel shook his head. "I'll get through it, as long as James does  not leave me alone with him I will be perfectly fine" I add.

I feel the bed dip, and look at Angel who is now laying beside me. He pulled me into an embrace, and rested his chin on my head, while I buried myself into his floof. It was so soft, and comforting.

I can do this. I can prove myself, and show Val that he doesn't scare me anymore. Even though he does. I'll just throw on a facade. He won't know the difference. I think...