1- The train

⚠️TW- suicide and abuse mention ⚠️

Y/N's POV

1 year ago

I woke up to a scream. I quickly got out of my bed and ran down the stairs. My brother Jose was on the floor crying, and when he saw me, he pointed towards the garage. I started walking towards the garage slowly. What I saw made me fall to the ground crying.

'''present'''

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I thought was. It has been a year since the incident. I found my mom's dead body in the garage. Everything has changed ever since. Today is August 31, 1991.

I am "the loner" I only have 5 friends. My friends are Lynn, Matt, Josh, Jake, and Caleb. Lynn Madfore is my closest friend. Matt and Josh Grayson are identical twins. We have been friends for almost a year. Jake Alves is the oldest, and Caleb Abreu is the youngest in the group.

I was waiting outside for my friends. When I felt a sharp pain in my head, suddenly I started hearing a voice. The male voice was raspy and very calm. I got up and started walking towards the voice. It seemed to be coming from a bush. I was about to see who it was when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I turned around and saw my friends looking at me. "What are you looking at?" asked Matt and Josh at the same time.

I didn't want to tell them about the voice, so I lied, "There was a kitten here, but I lost him."

We all started heading towards the skatepark. About twenty minutes later we got there, we all looked around and noticed weird-looking people. They were looking for something. When they looked at me, they started speed walking towards the skatepark exit. We were all confused, but we just decided to brush it off.

About three hours later, we all parted ways. Matt and Josh went back home, Jack and Caleb went to buy food, Lynn and I went to the library.

Me and Lynn walked towards the library in comfortable silence. We both picked out a book each. About two hours later, we had to leave. I took her to her house and walked towards my house.

When I walked inside my house, I smelled alcohol. Great dad is home, I thought. I slowly walked towards the living room. I didn't even have time to breathe when I felt the hard floor against my back. I look up and see my dad. He started throwing punches at my face.

He heard a crack and stopped. My nose was pouring out blood. He stormed out of the house when he didn't get a reaction from me. I have an on and off switch towards pain, which my dad hates.

I ran towards my room and took a shower. I put on a hoodie and sweatpants. I bandaged my nose then put gel on my hair. I suddenly heard a knock on the front door so, I walked down the stairs.

I opened the door, and Lynn was sitting on my porch crying. She was holding a backpack and a skateboard. Lynn was also wearing makeup to cover her black eye.

 "Let's get far away from here, please." was all she managed to say.

We ran towards my room. I took my backpack and stuffed it with clothing. We also grabbed 700€ and placed it in the bag.

Lynn and I have a very abusive household. It has been like this for 1 year now. Ever since my mom died, dad has never been the same. My younger siblings have been living with my grandma.

We started skateboarding towards a hotel. After checking in, we walked into the room we were spending the night. Lynn and I were sharing a bed. I woke up to the sound of the alarm. I got up and took a shower putting on a hoodie and black sweats.

I woke Lynn up, and she started getting ready. Around 8:30 AM, we finished eating our breakfast. We paid for the hotel and started skateboarding towards the King's Cross station. When we got there, I saw our parents from the corner of my eye.

They saw us, so we started running. We didn't see a wall in front of us. We didn't have time to stop. The wall was too close. We closed our eyes and waited for the impact, but it never came.

When we opened our eyes, we saw a bunch of kids. The kids were saying goodbye to their parents and entering a train. There was a big sign on the train saying Hogwarts Express. So we entered the train.

We started walking around the train, trying to find an empty cabin. I stopped when I saw a girl sitting alone. She had bushy brown hair and brown eyes. I opened the cabin door and looked at the girl. We made eye contact for 30 seconds before Lynn said, "can we sit here?". The bushy-haired girl smiled at us and nodded.

We entered the cabin, and Lynn sat down. Lynn looked tired, so I told her to get some rest. She laid down on my backpack and fell asleep. I sat down next to the bushy-haired girl while she was reading a book.

"What book is that?" I asked her. "Hogwarts a History," she said, finally looking away from the book. We made eye contact, but she quickly looked away, blushing. "May I read with you?" I asked her with a smile. "Yes, of course!" she said with a smile.

As I was reading the book, I noticed that it stated a lot of magic. I started putting everything that happened together. When suddenly it hit me, Lynn and I had walked through that wall, and this school is a magic school. It sounds crazy but, it is the only explanation, right?

[Sorry I took long to publish part one. I wanted to make a different beginning to the story. Hope you enjoy.]