The three-headed dog

"What have we got today?" Harry asked Ron.

"Duble potions with the Slytherins," Said Ron. "Snape's Head of Slytherin house. They say he always favors them we'll be able to see if it's true."  

"Wish McGonagall favored us," Said Harry. Professor McGonagall was head of Gryffindor House, but it hadn't stopped her from giving them a huge pile of homework the day before.

Just then, the mail arrived. My owl hasn't brought me anything so far. He sometimes flew in to nibble my ear and have a bit of toast before going off to sleep in the owlery with the other school owls. This morning, however, he fluttered down between the marmalade and the sugar bowl and dropped a letter in a letter in a red envelope onto my plate. 

"Thanks, Batman," I said to my owl who flew away. As soon as I opened the letter it flew out of my hands. 

"Hello there Y/N, it's me José-" Said my little brother, who was quickly cut off.

"-And Anna, How are you?" Asked my Little sister.

"We miss you, can't wait to see you again. Nona bought you and Lynn a gift. Bye!" Said José

And just like that, the letter was gone, and two Little boxes were placed on the table. One of them had my initials on it and the other Lynn's. When I turned around, Lynn pointed towards the chair next to her.  

I walked over to the Slytherin table and sat down. All the Slytherin's were looking at me.

"Hi Lynn, here Nona sent it to you," I told Lynn, giving her the box. "Hello, Draco. How are you doing?" 

"Good thanks for asking. How about you?" Said Draco with a smile.

"Pretty good... Nice!" I said looking at my gift."I got a ring. How about you Lynn?"

"A necklace look," She said pointing towards the necklace.

Her necklace:

Y/N ring:

 time skip

 time skip

Potions lessons took place down in one of the dungeons. It was colder here than up in the main castle and would have been quite creepy enough without the pickled animals floating in glass jars all around the walls.

Snape, like Flitwick, started the class by taking the roll call, and, like Flitwick, he paused at Harry's name.

"Ah, yes," he said softly, "Harry Potter. Our new – celebrity."

Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle sniggered behind their hands. Snape finished calling the names and looked up at the class. His eyes were black like Hagrid's, but they had none of Hagrid's warmth. They were cold and empty and made you think of dark tunnels.

"You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion-making," he began. He spoke in barely more than a whisper, but we caught every word – like Professor McGonagall, Snape had the gift of keeping a class silent without effort. "As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses...I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death – if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."