2-The sorting

"We never properly introduced ourselves. I'm Y/N L/N." I said while putting my hand out for a handshake.

She gave me a big smile. "I'm Hermione, Hermione Granger,"  she said while shaking my hand. 

Almost two hours later, a boy entered our compartment. "Has anyone seen Trevor?" Me and Hermione exchanged a confused look. "I-I'm Neville Longbottom. Trevor is my toad. I lost him... Can you help me find him?"

"Sure thing Neville, we will help you find him. Right Y/N?" Said Hermione in an excited tone of voice.

"Right, right!" I said, not expecting that question.

The three of us went to look in different directions. Neville went to the right, and we went to the left. We stopped at a compartment with two boys in them. One boy had black hair and the other boy had ginger hair.

 "Has anyone seen a toad? Neville's lost one," said Hermione. She had a bossy sort of voice when she said that.

"We've already told him we haven't seen it," said a boy with red hair, but Hermione wasn't listening.

"Oh, are your doing magic? Let's see then."

She sat down and pulled me along.

"Er --- all right." 

The ginger cleared his throat. 

"Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, Turn this stupid, fat rat yellow."

He waved his wand, but nothing happened. The rat stayed gray and fast asleep.

"Are you sure that's a real spell?" said Hermione. "Well, it's not very good, is it? I've tried a few simple spells just for practice and it's all worked for me. Nobody in my family's magic at all, it was ever such a surprise when I got my letter, but I was so ever pleased, of course, I mean, it's the very best school of witchcraft there is, I've heard --- I've learned all our course books by heart, of course, I just hope it will be enough --- I'm Hermione Granger, by the way, who are you?" 

Hermione said all that very fast. 

"I'm Ron Weasley," muttered the red hair boy.

"Harry Potter," said the boy with dark hair. 

Hermione was about to start rambling again, but I cut her off.  "I'm Y/N L/N, nice to meet you,"  I say with a smile on my face. I grabbed Hermione and said, "Anyway, we'd better go look for Neville's toad."

 Hermione and I went our separate ways. She went to look for Neville, while I went back to the compartment. On my way, I bumped into three boys. The one in the middle was a tall, slender boy pale, pointed face, sleek blond hair, and ice grey eyes. He had two tall boys next to him.

"Watch where you are going!" Said the pale boy.

"I'm sorry I didn't see you," I said trying to be patient "I'm Y/N L/N, nice to meet you."

His facial expression changed for an odd reason. "Nice to meet you. This is Crabbe and Goyle. I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." 

"I will see you guys around, bye," I said while going towards the cabinet.  

When I walked into the cabinet, Lynn hugged me. Hermione was looking at us with a facial expression I can't distinguish. I sat Lynn down and started whispering to her everything that had happened. 

"Are you 100% sure that is what you saw?" Lynn asked me thinking I was crazy.

Suddenly an idea popped up in my mind. "Hey Hermione, can you do a spell to fix Lynn's glasses ?"