21

It has been a full three weeks with Elvira gone. Although she was only there for several short days, the tower had an eerie feeling of emptiness. And loneliness.

Natasha kept strong, she was a cold-blooded assassins, that's what they do. But every night she would secretly sneak into Elviras room and sleep there. It made her fall asleep easier knowing the room was designed or the young girl she had become attached too.

Wanda walked in in her crying the third night she was gone, and just snuggled with her till they both fell asleep. Nat hasn't cried since. They had been looking almost everyday, not becoming lucky on any of them. They even had the News channel open on the large screen they had replaced everyday, so if there was any news they would know it.

Clint had gone home to his family much more, Thor was currently away from them at his home in Asgard. Tony and Pepper were staying in his replaced mansion more and more. Less an less people would walk around the fateful tower, vision was never home, always searching for the white haired girl, in hopes of seeing some joy return into his gingers eyes. And cheer up the entire team overall.

(YES! The only time she is shown as a brunette is flashbacks in Wandavision. So therefore she is a ginger in my eyes.)

Sam was working with some past soldiers of war, helping them while he couldn't help himself. And Bruce dedicated his entire time to the medical standpoint, working in the lab all hours of the day.

The only people really around were Steve, Bucky, Natasha and Wanda, who just did tasks, finished misions, and if hey weren't searching the city they were in the couch begging out.

Everybody was slowly losing hope in finding Elvira, the depression All the avengers behavior was- well it was depressing.

"Hey Wands." Nat grumbled while walking into the kitchen. Wanda smiled while pulling something out of the oven.

"I made a Quiche." She smiled while placing the food on the oven.

"Ooo I love Quiche. Spinach and cheese?" Nat questioned while pulling two ceramic plates from the cupboard.

"Yup." Wanda smiled while grabbing one of the plates and dishing them both a pie shaped slice of the breakfast item.

"It's so lonely here." Natasha sighed while forking some of the food into her mouth.

"I know... I wish it could go back to normal." Wanda sighed as well.

"It will go back to normal once we locate El." Nat nodded, mostly reassuring herself more than the others.

"El?" Wanda questioned.

"She said I could call her that, she doesn't like the nickname Vira fyi." Natasha smiled lightly. Wanda nodded, knowing how much this was breaking her friend and herself.

"Well let's go out looked today." Wanda said while lifting their empty plates and taking them to the dishwasher.

—————

You were running low on cash, and by low you meant you just ate the last of your food and you had two dollars. You easily frolicked the streets of New York in everyday clothing with your 'disguise'. More of a cover up than a disguise. Your hair was still very vibrant. Every time you looked at a reflective service you thought of Nat and her fiery red hair.

The simple solution to your money problems was pickpocketing. If you did it well and weren't caught, there was no problem.

You began walking down the street, stopping at a bench with a woman and her stroller sitting down on the other side. You gave a friendly smile with pulling out your phone and scrolling through a random website, slowly eyeing the purse by the woman's side every time she was distracted. You had been keeping tabs on the news line, they had no leads, no evidence. Natta, zip, nothing.