25

-two years later-
(Don't worry, there will be many flashbacks so we know what happened)

You stared at the large tower, standing at the entrance. Your body was laced in a layer of deep crimson blood that was slowly drying. Your leg was mangled and limply following you as you trudged into the building. Staring for a moment at the many people.

Nobody noticed you.

You stayed silent as you gimped your way towards the elevator, staring at the trail of blood you were leaving behind.

"Um miss... could I help you with something?" A lady spoke from behind a desk. You paused while turning slowly to glare at her with your dull blue eyes. You could see fear radiating from her complex. You just shook her head and began retuning your slow walk towards the glass elevator.

"Miss you can't go up there without ID." She spoke a little loudly. You just ignored her while walking up to the elevator, which she needed to press a button to open.

You looked at her, then looked at the moving machine, forcing your fingers between the hinges and creating a small enough slit for you to squeeze into.

"Miss!" The lady shouted. You watched as the doors shut slowly and security guards began running towards the elevator.

You pressed a button which was now added somehow from the last time, and took you to the same floor your room used to be on.

The ride was slow and peaceful. The only sound was your labored breathing and the sound of blood splattering in the floor.

The doors dinged open and you walked into the floor, not letting go of the knife that still rested in your hands from hours previous. The floor was empty. No lights were on and only the windows provided it. But the kitchen was fully stocked and the couch was messed up with throws and pillows. So people obviously still lived here.

You just limped into the tiled kitchen. Inspecting the marble countertops on tiled flooring. Nothing had changed in the past two years. You looked at the table to see a couple more chairs.

You just inspected slowly while making your way to the sleeping hall. No sounds emerging form your tight lips.

The hall was darker. You ran your finger against the wall as you stared at the stickers on the doors, leaving a small line of blood along it. They were all the same. You stopped at your old room. There were a couple more added symbols after yours, but you didn't care about them.

You looked at the symbol and cringed. 'Void'. Why on heavens earth did you chose that name. You just sighed while pushing open the white door with your bloody hand. Your room looked exactly the same.

Everything was there. Everything was clean. There wasn't a speck of dust lining the room. You walked in as best you could, inspecting the walls and bed.

The bed was unmade and the bathroom light was left on. You rose an eyebrow while limping towards it, pushing the door open all the way to see an unplugged hair dryer and a small makeup pallet splayed out.

You shook of any thought while walking back to the hall. Hoping someone would be back soon, and also hoping that someone wasn't a security guard.

—————

"What do you mean she just walked in? You guys didn't stop her?" Tony exclaimed as the guards informed them of what was going on. Apparently there were multiple handfuls of guards inspecting all the floors thoroughly, one by one.

"We didn't even notice until the elevator door was shutting." He exclaimed.

"How did she open the elevator! It's supposed to be locked at all times." He exclaimed as Natasha and Clint finally walked through the doors.