⚜LIFE⚜

14 Years after the war... 

31 July, 2012

The Grimmauld Place looked more majestic and elegant than it ever had since Harry knew. Kreacher had done a wonderful job of decorating the place just how Harry liked; simple yet elegant. Harry had decided to permanently bask in the warmth of his godfather's last memory. Ever since the war, Harry had firmly decided to stay close to his godfather in some way and that's how he had ended up legally inheriting the Grimmauld place.  

Harry was brought out of his musings when people finally started to leave after his birthday party. No matter how many times he had begged Hermione and Ron to not make such a big issue of his birthday Hermione had still insisted that it would be better for Harry to 'mingle' with people. They thought that he was 'lonely' and getting under 'depression'. No matter what he had said to convince them they had not understood him. 

Couldn't they understand that he didn't want to bask in the fame of being the 'Chosen One' again?

 He didn't want people and press pestering him in his personal life again when he had finally managed to find stability and peace in his life for once. They didn't understand that he didn't need to 'mingle' with people to cope with his non - existence 'loneliness'... all he needed was sufficient support and some alone time to deal with his inner emotions and feelings which he had started to realize now that there was no constant threat to his life. 

Harry didn't even bother to greet or bid to his guests as he stood far away in a corner of the hall with a wine glass in his hand, calmly observing everything. Hermione was busy attending to the guests and making parting comments while Ron was laughing and talking with their other friends who were about to leave. Neville sat alone quietly talking with his wife, Hannah Abbot, a soft spoken and lovely woman, in one of the couches...and by the looks of it he seemed to be enjoying his alone time with his wife. George and Bill were sitting drinking at the bar talking slowly between themselves not caring about anyone leaving. The other Weasley's were also busy mingling with people and bidding farewell to each other. Harry caught Ginny glancing at his direction quite a few times and by his understanding, Harry knew it would be minutes before she would be making her way towards him anytime now. 

Harry groaned but nothing showed on his face. He had long mastered the 'perfect pureblood mask' as people put in. While it may not true that Harry was trying his best to distance himself from everyone, it didn't mean he enjoyed being in other's presence either. All he wanted was to stop other people no matter with good or bad intentions, to just stop meddling in his life. 

Harry...just wanted to live his life normally...now that there was no threat to his life or a war looming ahead of them....

He...he just wanted some time to sort things out by himself...to understand himself...to realize his true feelings... 

Many things had changed after the war and one of them being his feelings towards Ginny. After the war, everyone had expected Harry to immediately get on his knees in front of Ginny and start a fresh life with her...but Harry couldn't. 

And so he had straight forwardly put an end to all their expectations and hopes by informing them he didn't plan on marrying the youngest Weasley...at least not yet. 

He had gotten varying reactions.

 While some had been understanding like George, Bill and Neville others were quite disappointed with him for instance, Harry found out that despite Molly Weasley's former figure of an understanding and loving mother, she could not and would never be his real mother who understood him instead of guilt-tripping him.