⚜The Third Task⚜

"Ouch!" 

Harry stared wide-eyed at his Senior as his head was swatted by the masked man. The man had never looked so angry, ever since Harry knew him. 

"S-Senior?" Harry's unsure and hesitant voice made the man close his eyes and take in a shuddering breathe...as if controlling his emotions.

"Stupid brat." again Harry was stunned to hear his Senior's emotionless voice. The words were supposed to be scolding but joined with the emotionless voice, it sounded as if the man was greatly disappointed on him....but why?

"Have I....have I done something wrong?" Harry asked nervously, peeking at his guardian.

A long silence followed by Harry's timid question. 

Neither Harry had the guts to look back at his Senior's cold eyes, nor did he have the courage to break the oppressing  silence. 

Taking a deep breathe, and mustering up all his courage, Harry asked the question in a different way, still not looking up towards his senior, "What did I do wrong?" 

Harry had almost expected his Senior to not reply but he was once again stunned at the unexpected reply he got, "....You....what do you think would have happened if you would have jumped in the lake after preparation?"

Harry tilted his head in confusion, "What, what do you mean-"

He was coldly cut off by his Senior's cold voice, "Would it have killed Ron, if you would have delayed jumping in the lake for five minutes and instead prepared before jumping in the water?"

Harry frowned, feeling wrongly accused, "So, what did you want me to do then? Ron was there under water, held captive without my knowledge for merlin knows how long-"

*BANG!*

Harry flinched back as the large hand of his senior came in contact with the wall. His eyes further widened when a tiny crack actually, appeared on the spot. He slowly turned his eyes, back to the man whose eyes were glowing eerily. 

"What I wanted you to do in that situation?" his Senior sounded malicious and cruel as he spat those words at Harry. 

"I wanted you," and Harry could hear his Senior grit his teeth. "To think before you did something. To analyze the situation before you did something irrational and ended up not only endangering others but yourself as well!

Harry's eyes actually burned with tears as he heard the icy words. 

"....I think you need to leave now...Mr. Peverell...before you end up speaking....or worse doing something you will regret."

Harry didn't turn back or care as Severus Snape's hesitant voice resounded behind him, and neither did his Senior avert his cold eyes from Harry's own glassy ones. 

"....Potter....leave or you will end up hurting not only yourself....but him as well." Harry knew the dour professor was not referring to him but his Senior instead. He saw those cold eyes snap close, and without so much a warning, the man apparated away. 

Harry's knees finally gave out as he fell down pathetically, eyes overflowing with tears he had desperately tried to control. 

Severus Snape sighed as he watched the boy break down. 'He did. not. want. to. babysit. damnit.'

Soon the boy had started hiccupping and Severus sighed before kneeling beside the boy. He did not hug or comfort the boy...he just let the boy know...someone was there for him.

Severus definitely didn't flinch when the boy leaned sideways on him. 

Finally after what seemed like hours, the boy calmed down, still hiccupping occasionally but at least the crying had stopped.