15

TW's:
-None

George's POV

Clay and I left the cinema and we were sitting in my mother's car. She was very worried about me and I looked at Clay, whispering the following words. 'Should I tell them?'

'If you're ready for that then that might be a good idea.'

I nodded and took a deep breath, waiting for my mother to arrived at home. I slowly stood up from the car and Clay held me tightly so I wouldn't fall.

I liked having his arms around me and smiled softly, melting away in his touch. Once I was on the couch, I was sad that he let go of me. I still sat down and looked at my dad coming closer to us.

'Are you alright, George? You've had a lot of seizures lately.'

I sighed and looked down at my shaky hands. I was terrified to tell them I was gay, even though I knew they wouldn't mind.

'I have to tell you something that has been going on. I would prefer you not to laugh at me, but I understand if you do. It wasn't smart of me.'

My parents sat down on the couch and looked at me with a serious face.

I took a deep breath and started bending my fingers because of the nerves. 'Basically-.'

I was so nervous that I let out a small sob.

'Uh- at the party, I asked someone to be together with me in front of everyone. I got humiliated after that and since I was bullied already, the bullying got even worse.'

'Oh my goodness, sweetie. That's terrible for you. Who did this to you?'

I took another deep breath and breathed out for five seconds, trying to remain calm. 'I asked Josh to be my boyfriend.'

It was quiet for a little, but then my dad stood up and grabbed my hand. 'Honey, I hope you don't see him anymore. He's such a toxic person for leading you on.'

Then I couldn't resist anymore. I bursted out into the most tears I ever had and Clay grabbed my hand as my dad hugged me.

'What did they do to you?'

I couldn't talk anymore and Clay explained to them what happened.

'For the record, I'm not one of those people who humiliated him. I only have respect for him.'

My dad smiled at Clay. 'Thank you for being here for him when he needs someone the most.'

I sniffed softly and looked up as my dad let go of me, causing Clay to pull me into his arms.

'For that matter, I'm gay,' I whispered as I stared down at Clay's hand.

'That's totally fine, I'm glad you told us,' my mother said.

Clay wiped the tears away from my face and smiled. 'He's such a brave guy,' he said like he was proud. 'I don't know if I could cope this well with what happened.'

I smiled shortly and cuddled up with Clay as I looked at my parents. 'I've been so tired and stressed the last few days. I can't handle any lights anymore and I have a lot of seizures.'

'I don't want you to go to school for as long as you need to calm down,' my dad said.

'But the project,' I whispered.

Clay ran his hand through my hair and smiled at me. 'I can come to your place every day after school to work on the project. Your health is more important, George. I'm glad that you're allowed to stay at home.'

'I'm sorry that I'm not thankful enough, but I'm actually exhausted. I really need to sleep. All my muscles are sore and I am overwhelmingly tired.'

'Come with me,' Clay said as he lifted me up. Clay helped me walk up the stairs and cuddled up with me once I laid down in my bed.

'I'm so proud of you, George,' Clay said as he let me rest my head on his chest. 'I'm so proud.'

'Why?' I muttered.

'Because you had the courage to come out to your parents. I'm proud of you. I don't have the courage to come out to my parents.'

'Yeah, but your parents are absolute idiots.'

'Well yeah, but still. You never know how people reply to something like this.'

I smiled and looked up at Clay. 'Thank you for always being here for me. I just still hope you aren't like Josh.'

'I'm not, I promise you. I'm going to prove it to you one day.'

'Okay,' I muttered, grabbing his hand.

'George, are you going to prom in a few weeks?'

I shook my head. 'I don't think I want to after what happened. I wouldn't have anyone to go with anyway.'

'Do you want to go to prom with me?' Clay asked. 'I should have asked this in a way more romantic way, but anyway.'

I looked up and saw he was really serious. I smiled and blushed slightly, looking away again.

'With you?'

'With me.'

'I'm too scared to say yes, because what if it's a joke and you're filming me.'

Clay grabbed his phone and showed me it, emptying his pockets to show me nothing was recording.

'If you really want me to go with you, I would like to go with you too,' I whispered, waiting for him to laugh.

He didn't laugh, but instead pulled me even closer and kissed my hair. 'I'm going to look for the best suit, because I need to step up my game next to such a handsome guy,' Clay said.

I was flustered and looked at our hands intertwined. 'Are you serious?'

'Yeah, I am. I'm proud to go to prom with you.'

'Are you not ashamed of me? I just feel like it would be embarrassing for you to stand next to a gay guy with epilepsy.'

'And you're standing next to a bisexual guy with diabetes.'

'I'm sorry, I'm just having trouble after what happened with Josh.'

'Josh forced you into asking him which is a big red flag already. I'm not going to force you, I'm the one who asked you and I'm going to be so proud to go with you. They might not see it, but you're the most handsome guy I've ever met.'

I smiled shyly and hid my face in his hoodie.

1057 words