22

TW's:
-None

Clay's POV

Because of all the stress with George, I forgot to inject my insulin before lunch. I was at George's place so we could work on the project together.

When it was around five to ten minutes after my lunch, George suddenly grabbed my arm. He had been sleeping for a bit, but was now sitting next to me after he ate his lunch too. I wasn't feeling very well and slowly looked at him.

'Clay, did you inject your insulin?'

I felt my face flush red. 'Shit, I didn't,' I muttered. 'That's why I'm not feeling good.'

'What are you feeling?'

'I'm very thirsty, my heart is going pretty fast and I'm tired.'

'Come, lay down. I'm going to prick your finger,' George said as he slowly walked to my bag. 'Stay calm, okay?'

I nodded. 'Are you okay?'

'I'm better,' George said with a smile. He grabbed some things from my back and walked back to me. 'Can you hold your finger in front of me?'

I nodded slowly and held my finger up, having him prick it, taking some of the blood to test it. He waited for a little while and nodded. 'It's way too high, you need insulin.'

'What is it?'

'14,2,' George said. 'I'm going to inject insulin, okay?'

I nodded slowly and closed my eyes. 'I have to pee.'

'I'm going to inject your insulin first.' He lifted my shirt a little and let me sit up a bit higher so he could grab some fat to inject it into. He injected a few units and helped me get up after. 'Come, we are going to the bathroom.'

I nodded. I was really exhausted as I walked with George to the bathroom. He helped me get in and left me for a bit, coming back in after I called him.

We walked back again and I laid back down on the couch, seeing George's dad walk down the stairs, looking at me.

'Are you okay, Clay?'

I nodded shortly. 'I'm having a hyper,' I muttered. 'I forgot to inject my insulin.'

'Do you forget it more often?'

I shrugged. 'Sometimes, but my parents never wanted to help me get a pump and such.'

'Then we are going to help you get a pump and something that you can automatically check your blood sugar with.'

'But I think it's expensive.'

'Clay, you're a seventeen year old boy who constantly has to prick his fingers and inject insulin, I want you to live your life. We are going to make the rest of your life as easy as possible.'

I smiled shyly and felt myself get very happy. 'Thank you so much. I've always wished to get a pump along with a glucose monitor.'

'Then we are getting you that. I'm going to make an appointment with a doctor.'

'But am I allowed to get one without my parents permission?'

'You're parents kicked you out, we are taking care of you now.'

I smiled again. 'Thank you,' I whispered, curling up like a ball.

George smiled at me and grabbed my hand. 'That would be great, wouldn't it? Then you don't have to prick constantly.'

'If I wasn't feeling unwell, I would have jumped through the room because of happiness. I'm really tired and I have to pee again.'

'Come, I'll walk with you,' George said as he lifted me up. We walked to the toilet again and once I was done, I went back to the couch. I drank a lot of water and George smiled. 'Do you want to go to sleep for a little?'

I nodded slowly and George helped me get upstairs. We laid down on his bed and I smiled at George, cuddling up with him.

I ran the tips of my fingers through his hair and he had his eyes closed as he mumbled something.

'What did you say?' I asked him.

'You have to prick,' he whispered.

I smiled and nodded. 'I will get my bag.'

'No, I will get it,' George muttered, standing up again. He was clearly very tired, but still stood up to go downstairs. I was tired too so I had my eyes closed as he came back.

George grabbed my finger to prick it and check my blood sugar again. I just trusted him with it and he waited for a bit, laying down next to me.

'Is it okay?'

'It is,' George muttered as he cuddled up with me again.

He rested his head on my chest, having the top of it lean against my chin. I smiled because I liked being this close to him, it made me happy. I ended up kissing his hair softly.

'It's almost prom,' I whispered. 'I'm excited to go with you.'

George's lips curled into a small smile and he answered in cuddling up with me even tighter.

'I'm going to make your prom special, I want you to never forget that day. I'm going to buy a suit and I'm going to be so proud to go with you.'

George's cheeks heated up. 'You're not betraying me, right?' he mumbled shyly.

'I'm not betraying you. I'm going to buy the greatest suit I can get and I'll be so proud to show everyone I'm with you.'

'Wouldn't you be ashamed of me?'

'I would be really proud, because you're beautiful. I wouldn't even be able to be compared to your beauty.'

George smiled brightly and wrapped his arms around my waist. 'You make me very happy.'

'You make me happy too,' I said as I kissed his hair again.

I smiled and closed my eyes. George's breathing rhythm got very steady and slower, making me realise he fell asleep. I was constantly smiling and looked at him in my arms. I had a great idea for prom.

Everyone made fun of him for asking Josh and getting rejected, but I was going to get all my courage together to ask him in front of everyone too. I didn't even care if he said no or not, I was going to do the same so they would finally leave him alone.

If George said yes to being my boyfriend, I would ask him for permission to kiss him to make a statement that I did in fact love George even when they didn't.

1059 words