Chapter 26

I went to my room and saw Ayantika sitting on the bed wearing one of my hoodies and a pant. I could say that she was crying. It was quite evident from her red nose and her tear-stained cheeks.

She looked in my direction and it broke my heart. Her eyes looked very sad. Without saying anything or acknowledging my presence, she has down. I went to the washroom and cleaned myself.

Later I laid beside her. I know that she is awake by the way she stiffened when u got in. I wanted to wrap my arms around her but I didn't. I think I should give her space. Because she went through the same thing twice. Although this Leo thing is not similar to the uncle thing. But it's the same in a  way. Both the events left a mark on her.

A permanent mark.

Next morning

I opened my eyes and looked beside, to see Ayantika. But she wasn't there. I sat up and listened for any sort of noise coming from the washroom.

"Ayantika," I called.

No answer.

I went to the kitchen hoping to see her there, eating. But she wasn't there. Only Maria was there making breakfast.

I searched the garden, the roof and finally went towards her room. I opened the door and heard the shower running.

Oh. I got afraid for some minutes.

I was about to leave when I noticed something. The photo she had hunger was not there. And a photo frame she had placed on the bedside table was also missing. All the books are also not in their place except the books I brought for her. Something struck in me.

I ran to her closet and saw all the dresses mission except for the dresses I brought. I exited the closet and saw bags by the door. I was about to check the bags when she came out of the bathroom, looking fabulous in her  salwar kameez. She stopped seeing me.

We were looking at each other for a minute or so. She looked away breaking our eye  contact. She went towards the mirror.

"Where are you going? And why have you pack your bags?" I asked while she was applying mascara. She didn't reply and continued doing what she was doing. I hold her arms and turned her to face me. For a second, I saw fear in her eyes but then she put on a brave front.

"I have asked you something," I said slowly controlling my anger. One thing that makes me angry is when I have to repeat anything.

She pulled her arm back from my hold and went to the desk. I followed her. She pulled out something from a book and handed it to me. I saw that it's a ticket, to India. The flight is at 1:29 p.m. today.

"What is this?" I asked showing her the ticket. I know that this is a ticket but why has she booked this? Without me?

"This is a ticket," she stated like I didn't know what it is.

"But why?"

"We had a deal, Mr Parker. I'll help you catch Leo and in return, you will let me go," she reminded me but it seems like she didn't want to go. Without thinking, I tore the ticket. I thought she will shout at me, cry or do everything but laugh. She started laughing at my face.

"I knew you would do something like this. So I made multiple copies of the original ticket. And this," she pointed at the torn pieces, which is now lying on the floor "--- is one of those copies."

She went past me and I stood there wrapping my mind around everything that happened.

"But..." I turned, thinking that she is behind me but she wasn't. Even her bag wasn't there. I ran outside of the room and saw her going towards the front door with her bags.

"Ayantika," I called after her. I quickly descended the stairs and caught up to her.

"Ayantika don't go please," I requested.

"Me Parker you have promised me my freedom if I help you to catch Leo. I have fulfilled my promise and now it's your turn," saying this she went away and I stood there looking. Just yesterday she was in my arms and today she is too far away to be in my arms.

I had promised her that I'll let her go.

Now, I'm promising myself that I'll never let her go after I have her here, in my arms, again.

A/N

So How is the...

*got saved from getting hit by the frying pan*

--- Chapter?