Chapter 29

I and Sanch had been living together for three days. We did all the 'funs we ever had. There is not a single cloth in our wardrobe which we haven't tried yet. And because of our fun, our house is no less than a cow house. You would find crumble packets all around the house, even some in the washroom.

Our room is a different story. It has all the clothes, we have tried to click pictures, in a pike at a corner and other makeup items scattered here and there. And now, we are panicking because mom said she will come today. The investors had agreed to invest in our company after seeing the presentation our company made. So the trip has been cut short.

Currently, we at running from one place to another trying to clean. It seems that if we picked one packet from one place, five more appeared in its place. After one or two hours of running around the house, we made it seem less dirty than a cow house. I lay on the couch and she lay upon me. I was too tired to remove her. And we both fell asleep in that position.

At around 3:30 p.m. I woke up to my phone ringtone. It's an unknown number. Before I could answer it the ringing stopped. I pushed the weight which was above me and it landed on the floor and the load didn't wake up. It kept sleeping. Again my phone started ringing. I picked it.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Aayu" came my mother's voice from the other side of the phone. But why is she calling me from an unknown number?

"Mom?" I asked to be double sure.

"Listen beta, my flight got delayed. So I will be late. I will be home at midnight."

"But why are you calling from an unknown number?"

"My phone is dead and this is another person's phone. Okay. Bye." And she cut the call.

I want to tear my hair. I and Sanch have been trying to clean the house for nothing. I mean, we worked so fast. I wake her up by pouring water in her and it make me remember Ryan. He also poured water on me to wake me up.

"What happened are you crying?" Asked a wet Sanchita.

"Nothing, some memories came back," I said rubbing my eyes.

"Of... Ryan?" She asked carefully as if I will kill her for uttering his name. I nodded because there is nothing to hide from her. When I had returned five years ago she was the one whom I told about my feelings. She was the one who saw me crying every night. She was the one who saw me hiding his picture in my book.

Later we cleaned our wardrobe as we had only shoved the clothes there, not arranged it properly. So when we opened the wardrobe all the clothes fell. After making the wardrobe, we made dinner. Actually, she made dinner while I was reading a book.

After having dinner, we went to sleep. I know we sleep very much but what can we do? We have literally, cleaned a cow house and made it look like a house where humans live. So we deserved the sleep.

At midnight I woke up to check if mom have arrived or not. I walked to her room and opened the door. I saw her sleeping. I went in and put the blanket over her, properly. I tiptoed back to my room and laid beside Sanch.

~√~√~

Who the hell is ringing the bell so early? I want to sleep but the person outside the front door is not letting me. He/ she keep ringing the bell after every one minute.

Just as I was about to curse the person the ringing stop.

Maybe they thought nobody is home and went away?

As I was about to fall asleep, the person started knocking. I think the person has a death wish. I went downstairs to open the door, not because I want to kill the person. Well, I want to but right now, I don't want my mom's sleep to be disturbed so I opened the door.

I thought of giving the person such a long lecture that he would thick thrice before knocking on someone's door, early in the morning. But what I saw made me speechless....

A/N

Who could it be?

Finally, my exams have ended and now I am free for some time( till my online exams began). I wanted this to be a long chapter but then I thought why not include a cliffhanger??