Chapter 31

I ordered the driver to drive fast. I tried my best to keep calm and not lash out at him.

I couldn't even think that he would try to kill me.

I couldn't understand what happened until I saw Ayantika falling to the ground and the left side of her chest red. The purple dress turned red within seconds. The bodyguards with me went towards the building from where the gun was shot before I could order them. I went to her and requested her to not leave me. I have seen my sister and mom's dead body. I lost them but I will not lose her. I ordered her to keep her eyes open or else I'll kill her

Once a mafia always a mafia

After I put her in the car, I saw my men coming towards me, holding him. I never thought that he will try to kill me.

"Take him to the cell," I ordered and got in the car. I'll deal with him later but first I have to save her. I can't lose her.

"Nothing will happen to her," Mahi said placing a hand on my shoulder. Mahi and Sneha cancelled their honeymoon after I told them what happened to Ayantika.

"Don't you get tired of saying the same thing for five days?" I asked, rudely. I am frustrated. Ayanyika has been hospitalised for five days. The doctors won't sure about her condition. According to them, she is not responding to their treatment. Moreover, they are not letting us meet her.

"Ryan go home please and have some rest and shower," Sneha said.

Why are they hell bound to send me away from Ayantika?

"I'll go home if I hear some good news," I said and just then a doctor came out of her room.

"Good news, she has started responding to our treatment but..." These doctors always have a but.

"But?" Mahi asked.

"She is in a coma. I think she got shocked when she was shot so,"

"When will she wake up?" I asked.

"Maybe within one week. I'm not sure," the doctor said and went to check on other patients.

Who has made them doctors if they are not sure when the patients will wake up from a coma?

Now I'll go home and ask him why he tried to kill me. But before that, I have to shower because I stink.

~√~√~

I walk into the cell where he was kept. I sat before him on the sofa.

"So tell me why you tried to kill me?" I asked him.

"I think Jack and Jacky haven't welcomed you properly so you are not talking," I said after he was quiet for some minute.

"But don't worry I'll order them to do the work properly. Jack. Jacky," I called and soon the room was filled with wincing sound, the sound of bones breaking, some screaming, some moans of pain and even some colourful curses.

"Ok stop," I ordered when I saw him close to death. Jack and Jacky came and sat beside me.

"Now tell me, Cirrus, why did you try to kill me?"

"To avenge the death of my sister," he shouted.

"So you miss your sister. Good, you should miss her but not anymore." I took my gun from the table and shot him with the same bullet, using which he tried to kill me but hurt her.

I have let him go even after he helped Ayantika to run away from me. He was loyal to me for years so I let him go. Even I gave him some money to start a new life. But that was the biggest mistake. Because of the mistake, my Aayu is fighting between life and death. Just then my phone started ringing.

"Hello"

Ayantika P.O.V.

I saw myself wearing a beautiful white dress and walking on the grass.

"Sona," someone called me from behind. I turned and saw...

"Baba," the words came out of my mouth. It was strange to call him my father after not calling him that for so many years.

"Sona come," he forwarded his hand towards me. I ran towards him and just as I was about to hold his hand, I felt someone else holding my hand.

Ryan P.O.V.

Jack, Jacky and I ran to Ayantika's room. There I saw Mahi and Sneha crying outside her room.

"What happened?" I asked them but they didn't answer and kept on crying. I went into the room and saw a nurse removing her oxygen mask.

"What are you doing?" I stopped her from removing her mask.

"Sorry sir but she is no more," she said looking down.

"It can't happen. I've got her now and she can't leave me," I said to myself. The nurse went outside the room. I took the seat beside her bed and took her hand in mine.

"Ayantika please come back. I'll do everything for you. Aayu I'm not in the mafia anymore. I have left it for you so you can't leave me. You have to open your eyes. You have to fight with me. You promised you will come with me to my house then why are you here. Lying on this bed. Your best friends are outside crying, for you. At least for them wake up. Let them see you. Please wake up. Aayu, I promise you if you want to go away from me, I'll let you go and will not come after you. Please," I cried placing my head on her hand.

I want her to move her fingers as it happens in movies but it didn't happen...

A/N

Will this be the end of Ryan and Ayantika?