Chapter-7 The torture

Nobody cares, everyone's selfish and people don't do charity

Nobody cares, everyone's selfish and people don't do charity. Throughout my whole life these are the things spirits taught me, they wanted me to be as strong as possible emotionally and physically. Yet, why does it hurt when the same came from Luke?

I know, there is no need for him to help me but deep inside a part of me hoped that he would say something like he cares. I know it's dumb of me to expect, we don't even know each other. But every time he looks at me with those amber eyes, I couldn't help but convince myself that he cares, that he's different.

Something inside of me still tells me that he indeed cares but his words say otherwise. Either way, I'm grateful that he found me a place to live. If not for him, I would have slept in the forest like I've done many times, I couldn't have afforded a place to stay.

The stars shined in the sky laughing at my life, how I could never have a life. Sometimes I wish I never existed in the first place.

"I don't know what you'll eat, so I ordered some pizza," Luke said keeping the pizza boxes on the sand sitting next to me.

"Thankyou," I mumbled opening the box in front of me.

"Does this have meat in it?"

The moment I asked this question his face froze in panic, I wanted to laugh at his reaction but I shouldn't so I'm trying hard to not laugh.

Poor Luke, he's already doing so much and it's not fair from my side to complain.

"It's fine, I'm a vegetarian. I can take out the meat and eat," I took a slice and started removing the pepperonis from the pizza.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know."

This time I couldn't control my laughter, I started laughing. "Chill Luke, it's fine."

"Why?" he whispered.

Because people called me a monster and I believe that too. I am a monster but I wanted to be a monster with less harm. So, not killing anything or consuming blood is my way of coping up with things.

"I don't find the idea of killing something, I don't find that accepting," I said as Luke nodded his head in understanding.

"I want to know more about you," he whispered, both of us staring at the night waves.

I observed him for some time before answering it.

"My dad throwed us away like a dirt after I was born. From then it was just me and my mother. My mother died when I was four, I was adopted by a couple and they kicked me out when I was seven. From then on my life was more or less the same."

I hope that no one gets to live a life like I do, it's worser than the hell they mention. Luke didn't say anything, he kept eating waiting for me to continue. But I couldn't, I don't want to relive the unpleasant memories again.