Chapter-49 Death

"Mom, where is dad?" I asked my mom as we gazed at the stars, my arms and legs cuddling her like a koala

Every Sunday we do that, star gazing where we look for a shooting start to make a wish. So far, I have seen four shooting stars and all the four times, I have said the shooting start that I will ask a wish when I need one.

"Mom," I called her again since she was silent for a long time instead of answering my question.

"What the hell are you doing Luna?" Charlotte's voice boomed in my ears when I looked around, she was nowhere to be found.

I was in a strange surrounding, a dark barren land with dead bodies being burnt on piece of woods. Everything around me was either dead or the left over of the dead.

Where am I?

"Go kill the king," she stood in front of me making me gasp.

How did she come here so fast?

"Else I'll kill Luke," she laughed turning to the side. There he was, my Luke barely alive in a corner.

What did she do?

"Luke," I screamed running towards him as he kept going further and further away from me.

No... No... No...

With a gasp I woke up.

God, what a random dream.

When was the last time I had a nightmare?

Shaking my head, I decided to take a walk around the palace since I know sleep won't come for the next few hours. It was around three in the midnight.

I wonder how's Luke. I miss him. I heard Luke's voice today, my Luke. Carter didn't see me since Luke called him for some emergency. Aurora, Carter and Luke are related in some way which I have no clue about. But if Carter's in palace, then Luke must be in the palace too.

Even though I don't want Luke to find me, a part of me secretly earns to see him, even from a distant. I want to know how the bond feels now that I am myself. Would it be as amazing as I felt when I was a human or would it be better than that?

Holding onto his dream catcher, I smiled at our memories.

Walking through the palace's forest, I heard some rustling noise making me full conscious of my surroundings.

Who is here at this time?

I could smell some strange smell; they are not humans nor were vampires and definitely they don't smell like animals. When I stilled in the place waiting to sense some movement, I felt nothing. I might be imagining it.

Before I could turn, a figure came and stabbed the jasper wood in my stomach and left. I stood at the place not knowing what to do.

How are they so fast? There's no way I wouldn't have known if they were so close to me. What are those things?