six.

─☼☼☼─

𝙄𝙏 𝙎𝙀𝙀𝙈𝙀𝘿 𝙏𝙃𝘼𝙏 every pair of eyes at the party followed Charlotte and Rafe as he all but dragged her through the house and toward the front door.

The entire way, Charlotte scowled at him, her face burning in anger as she stomped after him, desperate to be away from the prying eyes and ears so she could tear a strip off of him. 

The moment came the second they were through the front door and away from the crowd.

"Let go of me, Rafe." She snapped, harshly ripping her arm from his grasp. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

He spun on her, and for the first time in two months Charlotte Carrera looked at Rafe Cameron ─ like really looked at him. 

He had lost weight and not in a good way. His skin was paler, eyes emptier. He was a mess. 

And from one look at him, Charlotte could tell that he was fucked out of his mind. 

"You're high." She commented bluntly, a series of emotions washing over her. 

Rafe let out a breathy laugh as he ran a hand over his face. Charlotte couldn't help but look at his bloody knuckles. 

"So what?" He challenged. He dropped his hands, his blue eyes boring into hers. "I think what you're actually trying to say is me is 'thank you.'"

"'Thank you'?" Charlotte echoed in disbelief. "What the fuck am I thanking you for?"

Her ex-boyfriend's face clouded in anger as he lifted his hand. For a moment, Charlotte was afraid he was going to hit her.  Instead, he pointed back toward the house. 

"For saving your ass in there."

A scoff flew from her lips. "I didn't need your help, Rafe. I can handle Caden Koffer perfectly fine on my own."

"Yeah." He challenged, taking a step closer to her. "Sure looked like it, Lottie."

Ice ran through her veins for a moment. "Don't call me that." She bit out. The sound of her nickname on his lips striking up feelings she didn't want to hear. He was the only person on the entire planet who called her that. 

Rafe's face clouded in a smirk as he looked Charlotte up and down, reaching over to push a piece of hair out of her face.. "When did you become such a ungrateful little priss?"

Charlotte shoved his hand away. "Probably about the same time you became a coke head and started fucking half of the island."

Another laugh fell from Rafe's mouth as he turned toward the house for a moment, resting his hands on his heads before turning to face her once again. "You should be grateful for me, Lottie. For everything I did for you."

Cringing at the nickname he refused to stop using, Charlotte shook her head. "Grateful for what, Rafe? Breaking my heart or treating me like absolute shit?"

"YOU BROKE UP WITH ME!" He yelled, shoving his finger in her direction in what could only be deemed an aggressive poke. His voice was so loud and so sudden that Charlotte visibly jumped.