one

"Clay, can you please-who are you?", I gasp at the sight of a brown-haired man sitting on the couch.

I sidle past him, setting the groceries on the dining room table.

"Where's Clay?", I ask the man again, still slightly weary of him.

"Had to go to the bathroom."

That voice.

I immediately recognize it.

"Sapnap?", I ask cautiously.

He grins and nods at me.

"Willow.", at least he remembers my name.

I dart forward to give him a hug, greatly relieved that Clay didn't let some stranger into the house.

I've never really talked to Clay's friends myself, but I've heard many a story about all of them.

"What are you doing here? Clay didn't tell me you were visiting!", I exclaim as I pull away, sitting on the couch next to him.

Sapnap gives me a look before my vision goes dark.

"Guess who?"

I grin.

"A lousy Minecraft player?", I tease.

Clay removes his hands from my eyes, and I can tell he's playing mad.

"What the hell, Wil? Every time I try to be cute, you ruin it.", Clay groans, plopping down next to me before pulling me into his lap.

I roll my eyes at him, but there's still a smile on my face.

"You didn't tell me Sapnap was visiting us.", I poke Clay's chest, faking a disappointed look.

"Yeah, about that...", my boyfriend averts his eyes from mine.

I look at Sapnap, but he won't look at me either.

"What are you not telling me?", I gently tap his chest to try to get his gaze back on me.

Clay stares up at the ceiling, taking a deep breath before lifting his head to look at me.

"Sapnap's moving in. I told him he could stay in one of the guest rooms."

My jaw drops at his admission.

"Why didn't you tell me?", I gasp.

Clay looks down at his lap where his hands are playing with mine.

Sapnap clears his throat, shifting awkwardly on the couch.

"I can, uh, go if I'm causing a problem.", he mumbles.

"No, no, no. Don't do that.", I quickly assure him.

Clay quirks up an eyebrow at me.

"You're not mad?"

"Not at him.", I tease Clay before sliding off of his lap and heading for the table.

"Help me put these groceries away, idiot. I'm probably going to have to go back now since there's two boys in the house.", I joke.

Clay immediately stands up, grabbing a bag to help me.

"Are you sure you're not mad?", he asks wearily.

"No. I'm a little annoyed you didn't tell me so I could at least make the house look a little better or get more food for him. But no, I think it'll be fun to have him here. He's your best friend; I'm not going to kick him out.", I assure him.

Clay breathes out a long sigh of relief.

"Did you show him which room is his?", I look back to see Clay avoiding my eyes again.

"Oh my god, you're awful.", I laugh.

I leave him with the task of putting away the food before re-entering the living room.

"Clay's an awful host, I'm sorry. Let me show you where your room is.", I grab one of his boxes to try to help.

"Is this all your stuff?", I survey the small pile of boxes and bags he has piled up.

Sapnap nods, still a little weary of his place in the house.

"Follow me.", I motion for him to follow me.

I lead him to the room across the hall and down two doors from mine and Clay's room.

"Hopefully this is good enough.", I shrug as I set down the box I was carrying on the floor in his new room.

Sapnap's eyes widen as he looks around the room.

"Good enough? This is great!", he grins, inspecting the room.

"Clay will take you to get some furniture soon since there's not a lot in here.", I muse as I look around.

There's only a bed and a nightstand in here.

The attached bathroom is furnished a little better, but I know he will decorate it however he wants.

A soft meow pulls me out of my thoughts, and I scoop up Patches before she has a chance to dodge my grasp.

"Hi, precious.", I coo, gently running my hand down her spine.

I can sense Sapnap looking at me, and I hold Patches towards him.

"Want to hold her?"

He sits down on the bed, allowing her to climb into his lap.

As he pets her, I snap a picture of him holding her before sending it to him.

"Can I post this?", he asks.

I shrug.

Not my Instagram, not my problem.

The three of us eat a slightly awkward dinner before separating to our respected rooms.

I pull on one of Clay's sweatshirts before plopping onto the bed.

He makes his way towards the connected bathroom, tossing his shirt off in the corner of the room before moving out of sight.

"There's a basket two feet away!", I groan, motioning towards the laundry basket.

"Did you brush your teeth?", he shouts back.

"Don't change the subject on me!", I lightly threaten him.

I hear him spit into the sink before emerging from the bathroom.

"You didn't even rinse out the sink.", I sigh as he makes a running leap for the bed.

"It's a present for you.", he grins, pressing a kiss to the tip of my nose.

I laugh, trying to dodge his continuing kisses before he eventually settles down.

With him lying on his back, I'm able to rest an arm around his waist with my head settling on his chest, his chin resting on top of my head.

There's a moment of silence, his fingers tracing shapes on my back.

"Are you sure you're not mad about Sapnap moving in? I could always get him a place close; he doesn't have to stay here if you don't want him here.", Clay murmurs.

Though I know he's trying to appeal to me, he can't hide his disdain at his own idea.

"Clay, get out of your head. I'm fine with him being here, I told you that. A little more time to prepare probably would've been ideal, but I think he'll be great here.", I assure him, gently patting his side with my hand.

He hums, his way of accepting my answer.

It doesn't take me long to fall asleep against him, the fatigue of my day dragging me under.