fifteen

Everyone has those days where everything seems impossible.

The moment you get out of bed, everything will go wrong, and you can't do anything, you know the type?

Today is one of those days for me.

I'd be lying to myself if I said that I was looking forward to getting out of bed.

Unfortunately, I can't ignore all of my responsibilities.

I get out of bed with the help of a loud groan to let the world know how I feel about having to get up.

Showering seems like too much effort, so I spray a shit ton of dry shampoo before heading to the kitchen to find something fast to eat.

I pick up an apple out of the fruit bowl and take a bite.

"Morning, sunshine.", Sapnap teases as he enters the kitchen.

I force a giggle at his joke, allowing him to press a kiss to my forehead.

"What, no kiss back?", he jokingly pouts as I pull away from him a bit.

I internally sigh before leaning to press a kiss to his cheek.

He gives me a weird look for a second but wipes it away pretty quickly.

"Clay and I are going to hop on Foolish's stream soon if you want to sit with one of us.", he offers.

Any chance Sapnap has to cuddle, he will take.

Doesn't matter with who; if he sees opportunity, he will jump on it.

"I might. I have a lot of homework to finish before the weekend is over.", I tell him.

It's not a lie, but I just can't afford a distraction right now.

Sapnap nods without saying anything before heading in the direction of his office.

I scroll through Twitter while I finish my apple, refusing to check the trending tags.

"Hey, baby.", Clay spots me on my way to my own office.

I had attempted to breeze past his door without him seeing me, but I should've known better.

"Hi.", I wave at him, continuing to walk towards my office.

I'm sure he wanted me to stop, but I probably wouldn't have been able to weasel my way out of his arms once he suckered me in.

I shut my door, a clear signal to the boys that I don't want to be disturbed.

"Okay, I can do this.", I murmur as I open my laptop.

I have a full paper to write plus some reading to do.

There's no way I can get all of this done.

No, that's no attitude to have.

I start with my paper, researching and attempting to find sources.

A knock on my door pulls me out of my train of thought.

"We're ordering food. Want anything?"

It's Clay.

He'll get mad if I say I don't want anything, but I am so far from hungry right now.

"Where from?", I decide to indulge him a bit.

Clay whispers something, and I realize they are both standing outside the door.

"Chipotle?", he makes it a question like it's my decision.

"Just get my usual.", I reply, knowing full well I'm not going to eat a single bite.

The chatter behind the door goes silent as they decide to leave me alone.

More time passes before my door opens.

"Hey, here's your food.", Sapnap sets a burrito on my desk.

I can smell it through the tin foil, and it makes my stomach roll.

"Thanks.", I force a smile as I pick it up to appease him.

He watches me for a second as I peel away a single piece of tin foil.

"You're not going to watch me eat, are you?", I make it sound like I'm teasing, but I really just want him to leave.

"Sorry. Uh, I'll let you get back to it.", he excuses himself from the room, closing the door behind him.

I set the burrito down immediately, getting back to my paper.

The next time a knock sounds on my door, I'm trying to restructure my paper.

When I look up, the room is completely dark.

How?

I just got up?

No way I've been working on my paper that long.

"Hey.", Clay shuts the door behind him as he enters my office.

"Hi.", I mumble, going back to staring at my screen.

This stupid paper is never going to come together.

"What're you working on?", Clay asks.

For some reason, the second those words come out of his mouth, tears start rolling down my cheeks.

"Oh, baby.", Clay frowns as he kneels in front of my chair.

I immediately lean into him, allowing him to wrap his arms around me.

"We don't have to talk if you don't want to, but it would be nice if we could talk about what's wrong.", Clay whispers after my tears start slowing down.

"I'm just tired.", I admit, letting out a shaky breath as I do.

He knows I mean more than just being sleepy.

"Let's go to bed, okay?", he suggests.

I take a second to breathe before nodding.

He never lets go of my hand on the short walk there, Sapnap already curled up on the bed.

"What's wrong?", I've never seen a man sit up faster.

I pull myself from Clay's grasp, climbing onto the bed and curling up on Sapnap's chest.

I know they're probably mouthing something to each other or talking with their expressions, but I could care less.

Sapnap's heartbeat immediately soothes me, and I can't help but feel infinitely better.

Clay shrugs his shirt off before climbing into bed.

He pulls me against him, my head resting on his chest.

Sapnap copies Clay's motions before curling up behind me.

His arms wrap around my waist, a silent reminder that he's here for me too.

I give them each a kiss, positioning myself so I'm evenly cuddled between them.

"I love you both.", I whisper as my eyes slowly close.

"We love you too."