Chapter 3

You gripped the broom with tight hands, your legs dangling to the sides of it. Mad-Eye Moody's back was in front of you, and he was shouting instructions at everyone but you have muted his yelling by now.

"Psst!" Ron called, making you turn to look at him.

"What?" You questioned, leaning your body to the side to hear an anxious Harry, who had Ron's voice.

"Are you sure you don't want to switch?" He asked, looking a little ashamed.

You furrowed your eyebrows at him. "Why?" You mouthed, looking nervously around to make sure no one was listening.

"I'm just worried things are going to get too complicated," he confessed, shrugging his shoulders.

"You're with Tonks, you'll be fine," you reasoned, scratching your head. "And you're Ron for Merlin's sake, you can do this."

He smiled as he looked ahead of him, his posture better than before. You knew Ron was always a little insecure about himself, sometimes too much that you couldn't joke about it, neither could the twins. You never shamed him for it and since then, you always made yourself say what you feel is necessary and the truth. Which all happened to be great things about him. You didn't like him, romantically, that's for sure, because he was too much like a friend than any other thing.

"If you don't listen to-

Bill almost toppled over the broom because Fleur was holding him too tight.

"CONSTANT VIGILANCE!" Moody yelled, making the broom vibrate with his booming voice.

Bill raised his hand toward Moody to signal he heard him. Fleur was apologizing profusely and you grinned, watching how Harry looked uncomfortable in the small compartment of Hagrid's motorcycle. His knees were all the way up his chest, making it possible to rest his head there if he wanted.

You kicked off the floor, when Moody nodded at you to do so. You were hovering over the ground now, your wand poking your stomach. As you were above the ground, this all felt too real. Like it now registered that you are going with this plan all to save Harry. You wouldn't change your answer if Moody asked you again, this thought didn't surprise you.

"Everyone ready?" Moody announced, and as a response everyone floated up, either on broomstick, thestral, you assumed since you couldn't see them, or motorcycle.

You gulped, feeling your hands get sweaty and making it hard to grip properly.

"Get ready," Hagrid told a squished Harry, rolling his sleeves and putting on his protective goggles on his curly head.

"ONE..."

You fixed the glasses on your nose.

"TWO.."

You were aware of the wand on your stomach, rehearsing in your head all of the spells you learned in Charms that could be helpful.

"THREE!"

The broom propelled forward, along with the others. The cool air met your face as Moody was charging with alarming speed, nothing you have ever felt used to. You gripped the broom with a forceful hold of your left hand as you reached for your waistband to grab your wand.

"They're here!" Moody announced, a jet green flash traveling through the clouded sky to reach a hooded figure.

Your heart beat fast as you looked behind you, a hooded figure increasing its speed. A spell came across your mind and you shouted out, your wand trying it's best not to lose its focus point, "Stupefy!" The flash hit the Death Eater right in the chest, he was about to shout a counteract curse but he was struck and fell off. You turned your head around to the front, a moment of gratitude that you didn't have your normal hair. It would've made a huge distraction to keep on moving it away from your eyes.